PDA

View Full Version : Jetstar Leak on takeoff (cairns)

Lucky747
2nd May 2009, 01:32
Leak forces jet's return to Cairns airport - Local News - Cairns, QLD, Australia (http://www.cairns.com.au/article/2009/05/01/40851_local-news.html)

Does anyone else have any idea what this could have been ?

Rainboe
3rd May 2009, 12:58
Yes, it says the pilot noticed a ´hydraulic leak´! In the great scheme of things, not very exciting, and on the trauma scale of really, really serious incidents, it probably scores a 2, and a return to base means a quicker repair can be sorted out. Why are you trying to make more of a very minor ´incident´ (dos it really qualify for that word?)

simonchowder
3rd May 2009, 14:47
What do you mean what could this have been? it was a bloody hyd leak for gods sake, three seperate hyd systems all running at around 3000 psi, leaks happen now and again, non event:ugh:

Rainboe
3rd May 2009, 14:56
I think what is wanted is ´Jiminy Cricket! The hydraulic oil suddenly sprayed so violently into the cockpit, it decapitated the copilot and covered all the windows with oil! There we was, upside down at 200´, nothing on the instruments but the maker´s name, ATC shouting instructions into the mike, stewies all wearing life jackets until I reminded them we was at Alice Springs, and Ayers Rock was filling the whole front windscreen, but we managed to swoop over it and get that baby down in one piece!´Got it fixed and new copilot called out and got there 35 minutes late.´

I fear my literary efforts are doomed to oblivion.

Diesel Fitter
3rd May 2009, 15:13
@rainboe
I fear my literary efforts are doomed to oblivion.

Amen to that
:D

llondel
3rd May 2009, 16:11
@Rainboe:

You forgot to include the school and the hospital.

Dr Illitout
3rd May 2009, 19:57
I would be more scared of doing "several loops of the airport" :eek:

Rgds Cking

Panop
15th May 2009, 17:05
I think you are all being somewhat harsh on Lucky747. It was a first post ever from a new member and in Spectators Balcony at that. Some of you old pros appear to be having a few hydraulic leaks and sprays of your own to me.

Not everyone is as tech savvy or experienced as you good people and I think you should be a bit more welcoming especially in an area designed for amateur's questions. Lucky747 wasn't "trying to make more of a very minor ´incident´", Rainboe, but just making an enquiry about something reported by that pillar of Mr Murdoch's empire, the Cairns Post website ("Regional Online Newspaper of the Year" - no less).

Attacking a newbie is not good form, chaps.

Don't be scared off Lucky - you just weren't so lucky this time though I think you more or less got your answer. The foaming at the mouth can be a bit off putting, but they don't bite - they just snap and growl a bit but you get used to them if you trawl the forums and, generally, they do know what they are talking about even if the delivery leaves a little to be desired.

Chill out, guys.