PDA

View Full Version : Wings

doubledolphins
1st May 2009, 21:33
My airline has just issued all cabin crew and pilots with the same wings. How would you like that in your airline? Think it's ok? after all aren't we all part of the same team?

redsnail
1st May 2009, 21:38
2 thoughts here.

1. Yeah no dramas, same team and all etc.

2. Do cabin crew want exactly the same uniform as the pilots. Is that the message the company wants to present?

Note. Had a fair bit to drink. :ok:

exeng
1st May 2009, 22:06
I'd rather fly in shorts and a t-shirt; no wings, epaulets or whatever.

Life is too short.

Regards
Exeng

Scrubbed
1st May 2009, 22:12
Agreed - life is too short.... to go making hackneyeed statements. Especially those as much of a cliche as "I'd happily flying in shorts and thongs, don't need no steenkin bodges......" etc etc etc..... :rolleyes: go fly down at the dero club.

Pilots have two wings because they can fly. The tarts have one wing because they can't. Same wiv navs, F/Es, R/T operators and loadmonsters.

Next your desk-jockeys will be wanting wings. Dispatchers, check-in chooks, baggage snatchers and..... worst of all horrors!!!! the management!

Fuggem...... let them learn to fly if they want a PAIR of wings.

Nuff said

Canadian Club. (and dry)

con-pilot
1st May 2009, 22:31
Kind of reminds me of when the PRC People's Army did away with all rank insignia. Everybody dressed the same and looked the same.

End result was nobody knew who was in charge, who could issue orders, who they were supposed to follow, etc.

That experiment did not last long.

tony draper
1st May 2009, 22:36
No need to flap.:rolleyes: