PDA

View Full Version : 10 May 2005 - A Prefect Day

SpannerInTheWerks
1st May 2009, 20:00
In the words of the song 'Oh such a perfect day'!

Morning: 4 hour management meeting, issues resolved, assertive and achieved a positive result.

Afternoon: Decided to take the rest of the day off. Climbed Helvellyn in the Lake District. Beautiful day, unlimited visibility, broken Cu; Tornado and Tucano flew by below me; then, unbelievably a two-seat Spitfire flew by heading North - the sound!; old girlfriend text and renewed contact.

Evening: Walked back to the car; lovely evening with the woods just flush with new growth; badger seen collecting bedding; meal in The Swan, fillet steak and a good red wine; back to my hotel, met mother and her daughter... hmmm!!!

A Perfect Day!!!

What were you doing that day? What was your Perfect Day?

KR

SITW :)

Ken Wells
1st May 2009, 21:18
what Mother & daughter?

redsnail
1st May 2009, 21:33
A perfect day? Spelling "perfect" correctly in the title. :E

Whirlygig
1st May 2009, 21:40
met mother and her daughter... hmmm!!!So that'd be your sister then? :eek:

Might not sound like much but had a wonderful day in Skegness, July 2005. Perfect weather, motorbiking ....

Cheers

Whirls

Sprogget
1st May 2009, 22:10
Monthly P& L showed a loss. Car went in for a new clutch. Therefore walked back to work from the station. Feet hurt. No orders. Paid bills. Garage called. Said they'd underquoted, not realising mine was a 4 wheel drive, inspite of them all being 4wd. Sorry, it's an extra hundred quid.

Still no orders. Decide to bail out. Walked back to station. No trains. Starts raining. No coat. Train comes, doesn't stop at my station, get on anyway, as dry inside. Arrive. Twenty minute walk home. Feet hurt more. Garage calls. Tell me nothing wrong with clutch. Oil seal from gearbox causing clutch slip. Informs me now the car is in bits, best to fit new clutch & flywheel anyway,still 1000 charge, plus 1.60 for oil seal and do I work Near Godalming Audi?, as they can't get oil seal anywhere else. Reflect on 1000 clutch repair plus request to be unpaid courier on behalf of garage. Mood sinks further.

Computer breaks down repeatedly. No orders. feet hurt. Garage call at 20:00 Car done. Garage man tells me I am lucky as they got the only oil seal in county. Hand over 1000 on card. Don't feel lucky. No orders, sore feet. Poor.

Just a check & balance to the perfect day.

SpannerInTheWerks
2nd May 2009, 00:33
Ah um!

Yes, finger trouble there!

It was a perfect day and the mother was younger than me and the daughter (in her 20s) younger still!!!

Trying to smuggle them out without losing 'cred' with the hotel management the next day was, well impossible. Who has ever heard of a locked fire escape?!

Happy days!

SITW :ok:

hellsbrink
2nd May 2009, 08:32
10/05/2005?

One was probably doing yet another double shift to make plenty money for an absolutely filthy fortnight with a gal I knew in Chicago.

Lon More
2nd May 2009, 08:47
Ten days after my retirement. Probably still celebrating it