PDA

View Full Version : Top-20 UK Burglary Hotspots

er340790
1st May 2009, 20:14
Money Central - Times Online - WBLG: The top 20 burglary hotspots (http://timesbusiness.typepad.com/money_weblog/2009/02/is-your-home-in.html)

And to throw petrol onto these smouldering embers, is Liverpool not included because it is now impossible to get home contents insurance there????

Rapid exit stage left.

Ken Wells
1st May 2009, 21:48
er no, risk is less than London or Reading.

Fact

goatface
1st May 2009, 22:15
We are not on the list, but I'd wager that we have some of the stupidest criminals in the UK:

Man jailed for theft after he robbed a local convenience store; After pacing up and down outside the store in full view of CCTV cameras, the man entered the store, threatened the cashier who resisted and the man left the store empty handed. Not only was he filmed in the store, he didn't wear gloves and left his fingerprints in a number of places but best of all, he left his prison laundery bag at the scene - which had his name and prison number printed on it.

Man was due to be sentenced at the County Court turns up 10 minutes late carrying a hoover, cd player and £135 in cash, having commited a burgalry on the way to court.

Man decides to rob local post office, after weeks of meticulous planning the big day arrives and in he goes - upon emerging from the raid (having netted £230) he finds tha someone has stolen his car. He then legs it home and reports the theft to the police. Plod find his car abandoned within 2 hours partially burnt out, but with enough evidence to link the vehicle with a raid on a pharmacy which the car thieves had commited using his car. His only alibi being that he was at home, but had one to the post office to"buy some stamps".

Ken Wells
1st May 2009, 22:25
Peter Addison and his friend Mark Ridgeway vandalized the Toc H centre, a children’s campsite building. They smashed crockery, set off fire extinguishers, and drew grafitti on the walls. Part of the grafitti said “Peter Addison was here.” Police found Addison through a computer database. Both teenagers pled guilty and were ordered to pay for the damage.

Inspector Gareth Woods, of Cheshire Police, said: “This crime is up there with the dumbest of all in the criminal league table.

“There are some pretty stupid criminals around, but to leave your own name at the scene of the crime takes the biscuit.”

flash8
2nd May 2009, 02:39
At Liverpool Uni I lived in a pretty rough area in my final year - and in fact the road that linked the greater distance between my house and the Uni happened to be "Scotland Road" - aka locally as "Scotty Road". Must be a few miles long?

At the time (early 90's) I heard it was the ONLY road in the country that insurance companies would point blank refuse to insure at any cost.

Used to walk that Road most days during the summers and it was absolutely dead... like a ghost town... kind of eerie. Never had any trouble though.

And I'm not negating Liverpool - its boss... (as the say)