PDA

View Full Version : Rosen Sunvisor approval

tonyc182p
1st May 2009, 16:27
Dear All

I have just found, whilst having my 182 annual, that Rosen sunvisors do not appear to have CAA or EASA approval for older G Reg Cessna's. This means if you have them installed you will not get an ARC issued until you remove them. I have spoken to Glendale, the UK distributor, who said they are ok for N reg, but I need to go to EASA for mod approval.
does anyone know if a mod has been issued for a Cessna 182p.

My advice: remove if fitted, and do not purchase until you have an EASA approval.

Amazingly if you do a search on rosen visors in the UK webspace you will find lots of aircraft for sale with them and I presume all are technically illegal.

clivewatson
1st May 2009, 16:36
What about ray ban sunglasses? Are they EASA approved?

The way the EASA gravy train is rolling at the moment, we will soon have to be certified/licenced/checked out/signed off to wear them as well!

Doha1
3rd May 2009, 19:47
I would talk to Rosen direct and ask if they have supplied any 182 kits to Other European countries - if they have, there maybe a German LBA EMZ approval (or other European Mod) that approves the Mod.

Beech are installing these as a matter of course from new on the 58 Series (we look after a 2000 model with these fitted)

tonyc182p
5th May 2009, 08:57
Thanks Doha,

Yes I was hoping someone here would know of a german or french approval for the type. Cessna install the on new aircraft these days. I have emailed Rosen but no reply as yet. Until then I have to remove them. Yes, approvals for Raybans, baseball caps and torches I think !!

chanter
18th Feb 2013, 13:14
Try EASA STC No 10031251

Icelanta
18th Feb 2013, 13:46
Why do you care, it is a Cessna and the sunvisor is not exactly the engine...fit your aircraft with the visors of your choice I say, If an examiner told you off, he or she needs to get a bloody life.

Dg800
19th Feb 2013, 10:03
Why do you care,Because with illegal parts he won't get his ARC renewed and without a valid ARC his aircraft will be grounded indefinitely. If you've never owned a plane and have no idea of what is being discussed... well, I'm sure you get the idea. :=