PDA

View Full Version : Royal Navy Engineer delivers baby after watching Youtube clip

NutLoose
1st May 2009, 16:20
Best not hope Brown gets wind of this, or you may find the yourselves doing a lot more after a quick 5 minute shufty through Youtube,

Got Incoming?, no crew for that mortar?, no probs, youtube to the rescue. :p

Baby and mother are doing fine :ok:

YouTube helped father deliver baby - , - Latest news & weather forecasts - MSN News UK (http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/article.aspx?cp-documentid=16493400)

mr fish
1st May 2009, 23:01
thats nothing, i once delivered a cooker after watching a football match:}

Union Jack
2nd May 2009, 11:17
".... what has this got to do with Military Aviation ....?

Not a lot one might say, but it does remind me of attending many years ago the wedding at St Clement Dane's, the RAF central church, of a FAA officer (a fully paid-up member of the Goldfish Club and a subsequent Flag Officer Naval Aviation) to the daughter of an Air Marshal, followed by a reception at the RAF Club.

In those days telegrams, rather than emails, were read out by the best man, and I can still recall the horror on the mother-in-law's face when one telegram referred the bridegroom to an article in BR3000, the Royal Navy Engineering Manual, which was entitled "Precautions to be taken when opening an Unventilated Compartment"!:ok:

Jack

PS Folders - Trust there is sufficient reference to military aviation for you ....:)

foldingwings
3rd May 2009, 11:22
I rest my case!

Thank you Mods for moving this out of the Military Aircrew forum (and deleting my posts relevant to that).

Foldie (aka Folders apparently)

Roger Sofarover
3rd May 2009, 17:43
Do you feel all less anxious now foldie? You can start the week stress free now. Have a good one.

OFSO
3rd May 2009, 21:14
Royal Navy Engineer delivers baby after watching Youtube clip

What they didn't tell you was the clip he watched was of John Hurt on the breakfast table, divesting himself of the Alien parasite in the scifi film of the same name.

YouTube - Alien 1 - Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rsl54o3Tvd0)

V2-OMG!
3rd May 2009, 21:28
Jeeze.....it's not like he delivered the sermon from the mount.

It's her fourth kid, and has a history of quick births. We're not pushing a piano through a keyhole here.

All he had to do was catch it when it came rocketing out.

".... what has this got to do with Military Aviation ....?

Four kids? Are they working on their fifth now? Someone obviously believes in making love - not war. :hmm: