PDA

View Full Version : Firefox Bookmarks stopped working?

tony draper
1st May 2009, 12:35
Using Firefox 3.8 I think and XP pro it and for some reason I can no longer bookmark pages,got quite a few in the bookmark list and I can do the bookmark think ok but no new books show up in the list?is there a limit to bookmars in firefox?
:confused:

Avtrician
1st May 2009, 13:11
Your Honour,

This may help.

Bookmarks not saved - MozillaZine Knowledge Base (http://kb.mozillazine.org/Bookmarks_not_saved)

amanoffewwords
1st May 2009, 13:25
Better still get the xmarks add-on (formerly foxmarks) - Xmarks Features: Bookmark Sync (http://www.xmarks.com/about/features/bookmark_sync)

Allows you to backup / synch your bookmarks across different computers - so if your FF profile crashed you don't lose 'em Works with IE etc too.

tony draper
2nd May 2009, 09:17
thanks chaps one shall try some of that stuff.

Dark Star
3rd May 2009, 19:25
I have recently had the same problem with Firefox and XP Pro

I have just installed the latest Firefox update and :- problem solved!

green granite
3rd May 2009, 19:32
Just played with V3.5 beta, it keeps losing passwords :ugh:

I've now un-installed it , I cant be bothered with it at the moment.

tony draper
3rd May 2009, 20:45
Every few days firefox tells me its downloaded summat and I am now running the latest version,the original firefox was great why dont they just leave bloody things alone.:suspect:
Tried some of the stuff suggested on those links I cant even find the folders they are yacking about.:(
I am thinking of going back to IExplora,wish I could import the bookmarks from firefox though.

Saab Dastard
3rd May 2009, 20:50
wish I could import the bookmarks from firefox though

There was a thread on here about that not long ago, I'm sure a search will find it.

why dont they just leave bloody things alone

If you are on FF2, there ain't no more updates, as they are only updating v3.x now. Peace, bliss! :ok:

SD

frostbite
3rd May 2009, 21:38
A good example of the truism

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

TopBunk
4th May 2009, 04:53
A good example of the truism

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

By which we would all still be running Lotus 123:eek: