PDA

View Full Version : The Midas Touch

Stationair8
1st May 2009, 07:43
One wonders whether the REX management team are blessed with or born with the "midas" touch. Looking back over the last few years they seem to buy into an aviation business and then have the abilty to stuff it up.
Last year they got rid of or closed down Airlink which has been around for nearly forty years and always seemed to be a well run and profitable business. Now they complete the buyout of Pelair and within a few months they have wiped out the Westwind and Metro freight operation both of which been around for a long time. One couldn't imagine the previous owners of Pelair rolling over so quickly and playing dead, I would imagine they would have been a sharper with their pencils and been a bit more proactive. The Pilot Cadet school sounds like another winner, especially when REX won't be employing pilots for a while. On the airline side have talked up new routes and services then within months dropped them or don't even start them.

Just me or is it a REX thing?

beer bong
1st May 2009, 08:30
The Midas Touch = everything they touch turns to gold!

I think you meant Medusa Touch = everything they touch turns to sh!t:ok:

CharlieLimaX-Ray
3rd May 2009, 09:52
So Stationair8, Pelair or Rex pilot by any chance?

Fonz121
3rd May 2009, 10:48
why are REX intent on ******* people over? My good mate has been in GA for the last few years and hes been told he has a spot with rex and now he's being fu*ked over for REX cadets. Cadets. To be honest most of the industry hates you. So why bother?