PDA

View Full Version : Halfpenny Green Flight Centre

bigbadjetdriver
30th Apr 2009, 20:02
Does anyone know what is going on with Halfpenny Green Flight Centre? Their company owned DA42 has been sat on ground for months, I hear Paul has left (does anyone know where he has gone) he seemed the only guy holding place together, and was always great at getting new customers!

I did my training there several years ago, was a brilliant school – but a few acquaintances have gone through recently and have been un-impressed by some stroppy staff.

Hopefully people can set me straight and the place is still holding together!

Cows getting bigger
1st May 2009, 06:52
I would guess that the 42 is sitting there waiting for a warrantied engine or two.

EK4457
1st May 2009, 09:39
CP is still instructing there with an excellent reputation.

Poose
1st May 2009, 11:58
'Stroppy staff'? I think I know who that is... :ugh:

cream cake
10th May 2009, 14:33
Guys, I have to echo BBJD's friends.

Paul left about the time I was considering doing training at HGFC, I met him at the airport and he spent a good couple of hours showing me round and being totally honest about what I would expect throughout my training.

On my second visit Paul had disappeared and I was "handled" by the MD who was a total :mad:. I spoke with operations on the phone a few times they were just rude and have no concept of customer service.:ugh:

Anyway, I ended up at Stapleford who were excellent. First time pass in both CPL & IR.:D

LH2
10th May 2009, 16:14
So where is Paul gone then? Great lad, I hope he's doing well wherever he is now.

darroo
3rd Dec 2009, 12:27
Paul's left HGFC and gone to work for Aviation Maintenance where he's heading up the Wolverhampton operation.

madlandrover
17th Feb 2010, 11:31
HGFC is now defunct. A possible alternative is moving in: Welcome to Flight Academy Wolverhampton - The Midlands Premier Flying School (http://www.fawolverhampton.com) with FTO approvals sorted.

manxcat
18th Feb 2010, 07:39
madlandrover

Another thread is runing concurrently to this one.

http://www.pprune.org/professional-pilot-training-includes-ground-studies/405114-wolverhampton-halfpenny-cease-trading.html

On the HGFC website it says that Jetsream Executive are also setting up so it appears that Wolverhampton will have more than one commercial FTO.:ok:

madlandrover
19th Feb 2010, 23:26
Indeed - the more the merrier, it's a great little airfield to fly from, and movements have been seriously reduced lately.