View Full Version : No one bashing BA?

moggie
12th Jun 2001, 18:02
Have to say that I was rather surprised to see that when I logged on today (after some absence) that there were not threads about BA's funny little ways. Noone whingeing about the SOP or their dominant market position.

All the inferiority complexes on holiday? Or just embarrassed because they have pulled themselves out of the financial mire despite the doomsayers' forecasts?

(Sit back and wait for the indignant responses!)

schooner
12th Jun 2001, 18:37
your point is ?

moggie
12th Jun 2001, 18:57
My point is that traditionally any particular forum is full of people rubbishing BA - but why so quiet now?

When Bob Ayling got the push there were all kinds of doom and gloom forecasts on these pages - but now that BA are back in the black the forecasters seem to have gone quiet.

My point is that most of the people pontificating about BA know /knew naff-all about the airline and the way it works, so I suppose we should be grateful that they have now chosen to bite their tongues.

There was clearly more than a little of the green eyed monster in their comments and now that they see that BA are not going bust they see the chances of their company become the UK's number one evaporating.

Token Bird
12th Jun 2001, 20:12
I think you're on the wrong forum. We do tend to talk a lot about BA with regard to the ins and outs of their cadet scheme, but we rarely talk about the business side of things. Try 'News and Rumours',

TB

Oh, BTW, don't think we can't spot a blatant attempt to start an argument

moggie
12th Jun 2001, 23:31
I know it's blatant - but a good arguement is always worth a laugh! We do often get BA bashing on this forum - usually in response to a wannabee's question about BA SOPs, when all the charter operator drivers chip in to slag them off!!!!!

JJflyer
12th Jun 2001, 23:47
No today it is Flight Internationalīs turn to get bashed.

JJ

scroggs
13th Jun 2001, 01:32
Wrong forum, mate, sorry....

------------------
Scroggs
Wannabes Forum Moderator
[email protected]

StressFree
13th Jun 2001, 22:38
Moggie Old Chap,
This thread is about as interesting as any Flight Mag over the last few years.........

Yawn..........................

------------------
'Keep the Stress Down'

CaptainSquelch
14th Jun 2001, 21:54
Since nobody can be found to do some nice BA bashing with, how about some Moggie bashing. We just might be able to find some volunteers for that.

Sq

FE Hoppy
18th Jun 2001, 03:09
If you realy want some then here.....
LHR sat lunch
I ran across term 1 to make it in seconds for my connection to man.Inbound was delayed due weather for 1.5 hours, staff on board said don't worry all outbounds are delayed also.MAN shuttle Captain chose to close the flight and send ready message on time knowing there was a one hour delay for all aircraft. we sat on the stand for 1 hour with aircraft closed.
Got to man 1 hour late..........
Bag arrived 20 hours late.
This is the 3rd time out of 4 that I made the connection but my bags did not.
cow at man said it was my fault again for the short connection time.
sched connection time 2hrs 10mins!!!!!!!!!!!!
not a penny compensation.
My Kids think I don't wash cause whenever I pick them up I'm in 2 day old clothes.
sod you BA Im not flying with you again.
PS. I like the BA sop. I know it cause I was trained by them for 3 years.
I like most of the flight crew I've met. A some are ex mil mates.