View Full Version : QR and Doha issues

Che Xindamail
30th Apr 2009, 13:36
I might join QR as DEC A320 and want to shed some light on the operation. I'm well aware of the company issues as written on the forum, so no need to refer me to other threads or the search function please.

How many days off do you guys get in Doha per month on average?

How many all-nighters and how many European flights?

What would be the average time for an upgrade to A330 or B777 if at all possible?

Only the facts thanks gents! Much appreciated. PM if more convenient.

airplanedriver
30th Apr 2009, 14:30
Hi
On what grounds are you going as a direct entry captain? I mean do Qatar Airways have a direct entry captain scheme? I am a FO with over 7000 hours would i be eligible? Hope to hear from you.. Cheers

kyman
30th Apr 2009, 15:05
i am about to join qr on the 777, and would appreciate any info on roster and days off, plus any other info deemed to be relevant, many thanks

Sonic Bam
30th Apr 2009, 16:15
I think you'll find all your answers in the thread Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged) (http://www.pprune.org/middle-east/288896-joining-qatar-airways-qr-all-you-need-know-about-threads-merged.html)

tcas II
30th Apr 2009, 19:13
Average from 7-9 days off per month and most of flight are night flight, if i have day flight most of them are 4 sectors in the Gulf,my last Europe flt was 4 month ago and my last Vie flt was one year ago.:\

luck7711
30th Apr 2009, 20:49
I just dont understand why people want to join an airline that is run by a dictator. :yuk:

shneidertrophy
30th Apr 2009, 21:34
Yeah right, that must be the reason why you are reading this forum!

To answer questions here...

To the 7000hrs FO....Not a chance son! You need hour PIC to be considered as a Captain. Otherwise you will have to wait your turn (+/- 7 years)

Average 320 roster as Capt

85 hrs flying/ 150 duty

1 week of pure nightflights

about 3 double sector days

1 Europe flight/month

Fleet transfers....with the current pans I would say a minimum of 3 years on the fleet!

A lot of work

Che Xindamail
1st May 2009, 00:57
Schneider & tcas, thank you for the info. Much appreciated.
Airplanedriver, I have 5000 hours pic on Airbuses.