View Full Version : Andy on Survivor............................

FL390
12th Jun 2001, 01:14
I've just watched Monday's Survivor on ITV...........AMAZING!!!

I've got to hand it to you mate.........that 'stint' on the log was absolutely astounding.

I've never seen so much determination in a person!!! I'm only a wannabe at the moment, but I can't wait to be a pilot if pilots can do all that as well! :)

I personally think that you should get the £1million just for that!

So, of you're out there mate, well done. Can't wait for the next few episodes! :)

Once again, NICE ONE!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :)

P.S. That cow Eve should go next. :)

M.Mouse
12th Jun 2001, 23:19
Sadly I am afraid this thread epitomises the sort of irrelevant and pointless content that seems to be more and more common.

Shame because it will slowly drive the rest of us away.

FL390

If you really cannot resist the urge to post your thoughts on a TV program why do you not use ITV's website?

FlapsOne
12th Jun 2001, 23:26
M.Mouse
Leave it out! If you don't like the the thread, don't read it.

Andy.

We flew Wokkas together at Gutersloh many moons ago. I'm seriously impressed with your performance on Survivor, paricularly standing on that bloody log!

Well done mate!

Island Air
12th Jun 2001, 23:26
Well said Mr Mouse, the dumbing down of tv these days seems to be having an effect of dumbing down youngsters too...

direct chase
13th Jun 2001, 01:17
Tremendous effort on that log.
Was it worse than the 5 sector day from BHX ?

FL390
13th Jun 2001, 11:57
M.Mouse and Island Air.....

I posted this topic here because I know that Andy is a pilot and for those of you that did see the programme, I think you'll agree, it was an amazing show of physical endurance.

Also, what is your problem about the TV I watch. I don't see your problem with me Island. Why should you have a go at me just because I like to watch a particular programme?????????? FOr all I know you could watch Channel 5 movies all night, but I would't care about that as it's your choice what you watch.

So please, don't have a go at me and think of me a lesser person just because I watch a TV programme that "isn't up to your required standard!"

Once again, well done mate......did you win the million in the end?????

pied piper
15th Jun 2001, 12:24
Determined, intelligent, courageous.

Fantastic effort

Flintstone
15th Jun 2001, 17:28
Wow!!!!

Is this what I've missed?

Not just people standing on logs, but people standing on logs ........................for a long time! :rolleyes:

Bring back Dr Who.

BOTFOJ
16th Jun 2001, 01:09
Reading the MIL forum, Andy is a PPRuNer (Tandemrotor), much respect mate!

spud's on the job
19th Jun 2001, 01:01
What a disgrace, Andy should have won it - what a top, top bloke,

made the rest look like amateurs

PPRuNers of the world unite in saying well done to one of our number

FL390
19th Jun 2001, 01:52
Yep, here, here! ANdy should definately have won that one, however I look forward with great interest as to what he does as a 'juror.' ;)

Mike Oscar
20th Jun 2001, 11:50
Agreed. I wish Andy could have gone on to win it. Well done....superb determination and dignity.

A well thought-out show, but a great shame the tribes could not merge on an equal footing....that would have been interesting. Instead, it is pretty obvious who the next two off the island will be.

Once again well done on a superb performance.

MO

Groove-ryder
20th Jun 2001, 16:34
Fully agree that Andy should have won it, but not in those speedos he insists on wearing the whole time. A true competitor, but there's no accounting for taste!

Tandemrotor
22nd Jun 2001, 01:44
I seriously would appreciate any advice on what is de rigeur in male swimwear these days. - Any takers?

GROUNDHOG
23rd Jun 2001, 00:32
Andy, if you stood there in a bin bag we would all admire you - what a credit to our profession and without trying to sound patronising thank God we have guys like you sitting at the controls when we are all 35,000 feet from terra firma.

Brilliant programme which I look forward to each week - anyway what did that 'orrible grub thing taste like?