PDA

View Full Version : Antigua

TheRich23
30th Apr 2009, 13:01
Im off to Antigua in a couple of weeks, would be great to get some flying done whilst there. Anybody got any experiences? Useful Numbers etc??

vipero
30th Apr 2009, 16:41
Enjoy the sunday sunsets at Shirley Heights.
Miss those bbq's...

turbofan99
30th Apr 2009, 22:51
Sundays at Shirley Heights...that was such a good time!!!
I wonder if the Virgin Atlantic crew still goes there...
cheers to all...
tf

Young Pilot
1st May 2009, 00:32
I have to third the notion for Shirley Heights. Visited there for the first time last month while doing my conversion training, and it was great!:ok: Try to make it for the steel pan music. You won't be able to keep your waist still. Sorry, can't help you with the flying part.

Gooneyone
1st May 2009, 01:05
Try Norman Aviation. They have a single (Arrow?) they could rent out.

FlyingOW
1st May 2009, 04:15
Wasn't that place called the Lookout? Overlooking Nelson's Dockyard? You are right about the steel drum band, awesome....

If you have time, go for a 1 day cruise on the Jolly Roger. Don't know if its still operating but was always a good day out.

I lived in Antigua as a child and loved it, went back after A-level's with some mates before heading off to Uni and had the time of our lives. Was there over carnival and specifically Juvee and danced on the Burning Flames float at 9am after pulling an all-nighter....good times!:D:ok:

OW

towser
4th May 2009, 11:07
Jolly Roger sank a while back! Been replaced with the Black Prince I believe.

cutterjay
7th May 2009, 22:21
do anyone have the contact information for that flight school in Antigua where I can get my FAA-CAA conversion done. I can't find any contact information for it anyway. need help

Gooneyone
10th May 2009, 00:54
CJ, check your PMs

Arian8913
10th May 2009, 21:11
That flight school currently has no aircraft operating.

Young Pilot
11th May 2009, 10:45
Dang. I guess that also means that no flight instructing is taking place. Was about to call to inquire about a flight instructor job. Oh well. Guess the search continues.

Arian8913
11th May 2009, 21:31
I guess you could still call to enquire afterall, they only have one flight instructor.........but then again I doubt they could afford to pay you