PDA

View Full Version : Miss take

SpringHeeledJack
30th Apr 2009, 07:53
'Chav' Barbie gets tattoos to mimic high profile celebs like Amy Winehouse | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1175039/Chav-Barbie-gets-tattoos-mimic-high-profile-celebs-like-Amy-Winehouse.html)

I know, i know, Daily Mail etc, but as a huge corporation that produces these dolls worldwide, I find it staggering that they would adorn these aspirational toys with tatoos. There's nothing wrong with a tatoo if you're an adult and it's your choice, although to my taste the female form is better without, but for young and impressionable girls it's just plain wrong. The oversexualisation of children in the media and daily life is robbing them of what little is left of the innocence of childhood.

Already so many girls and increasing numbers of boys are suffering from body dysmorphia and are miserable because they feel inadequate compared to adults on TV, internet, meeja etc. What on God's earth are those who are controlling these things thinking ? I can't but help feel that these 'innocent' actions are just storing up problems for later on :(

Regards

SHJ

HKPAX
30th Apr 2009, 08:19
Quite right mate. I hate to see a post go unanswered.....

SpringHeeledJack
30th Apr 2009, 08:34
I hate to see a post go unanswered.....

Ha ha, it's almost as sad as party balloons hanging from the ceiling a few days after the event and they're all withered and droopy :}

Regards

SHJ

Cheerio
30th Apr 2009, 11:47
Bump

There is nothing more deflating than seeing your precious thread slide from the first page unanswered. A thread is like a flower. A good seed, fertile ground, and yet... You need another to water the poor thing.
Once that seed is planted, even with that drip of moisture to prolong its existence it is at the mercy of the gardener. If it is considered as a weed, yank and it is pulled. And the most unlikely seed can prove perennial, even outliving the seedsman. Who is this Colmac character anyway? :}

Cheerio
30th Apr 2009, 13:01
There is actually one thing worse, now I think about it. Being that unpopular drifting thread-killer...... :=

PS. Always wear a helmet when cycling they say. I reckon a decent pair of thighs is more effective at life saving if this (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8026852.stm) is anything to go by: :eek:

er340790
30th Apr 2009, 13:03
Next will be a 4x4 Barbie, complete with 4 different coloured 'Barbettes'. :rolleyes:

vonbag
30th Apr 2009, 13:29
Hello SHJ,

I totally agree.

On the other hand, this real "Barbie" here:

http://www.entertainmentwallpaper.com/images/photo/natasha_henstridge.jpg

appears to have a tattoo, too, in the lower regions...
The why is mind boggling.

Regards, von

RJM
30th Apr 2009, 13:37
Isn't a barbette, on a battleship, a massive protuberance from the main body, comprising the primary armament?

So shouldn't the new Barbie be equipped with just the two? :cool:

vonbag
30th Apr 2009, 13:44
P.S.: one of my younger cousins has a lot of tattoo's over her body. It must have been some sort of teenager imitation drift (emulation, or something -- although I doubt she played with tattoed dolls).
Now, since she found a public job, she always has to wear long sleeves and trousers. If you knew her in the flesh, you would understand what kind of detraction that is.

RJM
30th Apr 2009, 13:49
We're all at risk of the 'accidental' tattoo...

'Margaritaville' - Jimmy Buffett

I don't know the reason
I stayed here all season
Nothin' to show but this brand new tattoo
But it's a real beauty
A Mexican cutie
How it got there I haven't a clue

:}

unstable load
30th Apr 2009, 14:03
Cheerio,

I reckon a decent pair of thighs is more effective at life saving if this (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8026852.stm) is anything to go by:

No kidding! That was a narrow squeak, there!

Jimmy Macintosh
30th Apr 2009, 17:33
A universtiy friend of mine had the poor sense to live above a tattoo parlour next to a pub. During the course of one term he had 6 tattoos, all discovered the morning after.

His biggest fright was finding a pierced nipple. Last time I spoke to him he was fearful of finding a Prince Albert.

I'll be honest not a great fan of tattoos, but some can be genuine works of art. My wife has 2, one would look great on canvas and hung on a wall the other is just a pretty tattoo.

vonbag
30th Apr 2009, 17:37
Yet another huge (IMO) Miss take:

http://en.ce.cn/entertainment/fashion/trend/200702/10/W020070210491935966925.jpg

I do not know whether those are real tattoes, though!

Roger Sofarover
30th Apr 2009, 17:44
They look naff now, imagine when she is 70,

vonbag
30th Apr 2009, 17:57
Roger,
You find me in full agreement, as usual.
However, I have my reasons to doubt Angelina will make it to that age...
Just found out that those tattoes we can see, could be real, not computer generated or of the kind one can remove easily. :suspect:

SpringHeeledJack
30th Apr 2009, 18:19
Yeeup, there's going to be an awful lot of radical looking wrinklies in a few decades covered in body art :) There was a thread on the telegraph website this last week where they showed some 'ill advised' art that some customers had requested..... Oh well there's no accounting for taste.

However, if i dare drift back onto the thread title ;) it is the lack of foresight by those with the power to influence that really galls me. I even read about a girl last week (early teen) who has been saving since she was 10 for a bust augmentation operation when she is 18 and legally allowed to do so... FFS, what kind of messed up person would be thinking about that at that age ? Where did she even get the idea that such a thing would be to make her more attractive ? Of course, it's the non-stop 24/7 media that bombards us, look like this and you will be wanted, look like that and you won't.

When corporations start encouraging children to present themselves in a way that has connotations, then that is a step too far, imho. It wasn't more than 15 years ago that 'nice' girls didn't have tattoos, and i trace it back to Axel Rose's influence on Stephanie Seymour, at the time one of the most beautiful wimmin in the world to get a tattoo on her ankle, then other models did the same and.......... today. I had a liason with a biker girl some years back and she had a leaping leopard in a valley, so to say, and at the time it was a rarity and made the time more 'frisson-able'. Apart from some of those women working at fun fairs, there weren't too many tatts to be seen in polite company.

Regards

SHJ

RJM
1st May 2009, 04:51
Apart from their content probably looking inappropriate years later, tattoos themselves become fuzzy and indistinct with age do they not? Maybe modern ones are better...

GPMG
1st May 2009, 07:23
Since when has Cheryl Cole or Amy Winehouse been classed as 'Roll Models'?

Will there be much wailing and knashing of teeth if/when Winehouse dies at an early age? Will she also command 7-8 pages in the SUN for 4 weeks when she finally does the world a favour?

Why are nasty and horrible people being made the new saints?

Mr Grimsdale
1st May 2009, 08:37
I wouldn't mind a roll with Cheryl.:}

Ace Rimmer
1st May 2009, 08:45
ref la Cole: ditto:E:E

Nick Riviera
1st May 2009, 14:45
Cheryl Cole? Ugh. Would be like going to bed with a skeleton.

Storminnorm
1st May 2009, 14:54
Does Barbie's boyfriend Ken have any tatoos?

Would he agree to them?
Anyone thought to ask him?
If not, why not?

This is a sexist thread IMO!!!

MagnusP
1st May 2009, 15:00
If it's chav Barbie, which of her former partners is father to which child, and how much are they all costing us in benefit payments?

HKPAX
2nd May 2009, 14:18
I feel outraged this posting has gone off the front page. There are some important (impotent?) issues at play here and I quite frankly fail to see how any full-blooded Englishman or any other wallah for that matter can see this thread go. Shame on you all!!!

Storminnorm
2nd May 2009, 15:23
I'm afraid that "Chav" Barbie would be just another "Chav" too many.
We have enough as it is thanks.

belfrybat
2nd May 2009, 15:32
Shouldn't Amy be promoted to Crackhouse by now? Wine's far too wimpy for her. Not that I really care, turn down the volume or change station when she comes on, can't stand that "singing" of hers.

Back to thread, as for Chav Barbies, well, I've seen sillier things but few and far between. I guess only chav parents end up buying them.

heli-cal
2nd May 2009, 22:11
http://art-tattoo-designs.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/smile-tattoo.jpg

flash8
3rd May 2009, 00:48
that's not bad.. that is criminal!