View Full Version : PPRuNe BADGES ARE ON SALE!!!!!!!!!!! Gold and Silver

InFinRetirement
11th Jun 2001, 18:03
The super new badges are now on sale at £10 each. They are royal blue with gold or silver coming through. Very popular at the bash. Don't forget to state your preference when ordering.

Danny has produced these much asked for badges as another way of getting income into PPRuNe - to pay for the very high running costs that get ever higher as it gets more popular. In spite of that he has generously decided to give £1 from each sale to the Fund - good of him that!

So if you want one of these beauts just send a cheque for £10 with a self-addressed stamped envelope and I will get one to you.

The cheque should be made out to the PPRuNe Fund and sent to 5 Station Approach, Belmont, Surrey SM2 6BW.

[This message has been edited by InFinRetirement (edited 12 June 2001).]

Meeb
13th Jun 2001, 19:02
Any chance of posting a piccie of said badge InFin...?

JJflyer
13th Jun 2001, 21:05
Should I add international postage ??? as I live out of UK.
I´d take a badge, just let me know

JJ

InFinRetirement
13th Jun 2001, 22:32
Meeb.

Look on the Badge thread on R&N, there is one there.

JJFlyer.

As I said, I am quite happy to do overseas - but please ensure that the postage is correct, otherwise it comes out of the fund - or my pocket! ;)

incubus
14th Jun 2001, 00:21
http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/Forum1/HTML/014259.html

JJflyer
14th Jun 2001, 14:53
Thank you for taking care of this. I´ll have mine coming now.

JJ

InFinRetirement
23rd Jun 2001, 13:29
The promised picture. Not brilliant but it will do.

See top of this page on how to order.

http://flypuppy.homestead.com/files/Prune_Badges.jpg

InFinRetirement
28th Jun 2001, 12:47
We have sold well over 40 so far, requests come in every day.

Just go to the top of the page and see how to get yours.

IFR

Final 3 Greens
30th Jun 2001, 02:09
IFR

Just got my silver badge - it is very discrete and looks great!

DV8 - not at all like "PPL" wings (not that I've ever had any, as I think they are as stylish as PPL epaulettes!)

InFinRetirement
19th Jul 2001, 22:47
More and more people want to know about the badges so I resurrected this thread again.

Go for it. They are truly great!

the wizard of auz
24th Jul 2001, 09:13
If you need a distributer in the glorious land of Auz, I'd be happy to help.
We will be sending for ours shortly but have to sort out the exchange rate and postage.

InFinRetirement
8th Aug 2001, 11:41
Can I persuade you? Only £10 each. A £1 of which goes to the fund and donated by Danny. But more especially because Danny needs to have income to pay for the HIGH costs of running this site. The badges are a part of that income.

So, you see, you will be helping to keep the site running - that will give you pleasure won't it :D

Just look at my post at the top of page ONE to see how to order.

[ 08 August 2001: Message edited by: InFinRetirement ]

You want it when?
8th Aug 2001, 16:59
Having seen how much fun you can have with them (London Bash) consider my cheque going into the post tonight :D

arrow2
8th Aug 2001, 17:51
Yeh but YWIW you had better ask IFR for two as that was mine displayed in such a prominent position at the London bash before it went walkies to who knows where!! I have had to order another!

A2

You want it when?
13th Aug 2001, 12:18
Back to top with you thread....

Got my badge this AM - a fine but tiny thing it is too. I spent yesterday afternoon with RT practice if the WX doesn't let up then these PPRuNe wings will be all I shall wear this year :rolleyes:

Right A2 I'm ready for the next London weekday bash ;)

InFinRetirement
24th Aug 2001, 16:20
Back to the top again! This time ready for new members who WANT a badge - why don't YOU ;)

OzExpat
28th Aug 2001, 17:46
YWIW... s'ok, on 13 August, you reported yourself as being ready for "the next London bash". But where were you on 19 August? After all, that WAS the next London bash. :eek:

Oh duh! Yes, you did see "weekday" bash, didn't you... :D

For everyone who hasn't yet bought their very own set of PPRuNe wings ... having just been in the UK and bought a total of 13 badges from me good mate IFR, I can assure you that they're a great investment. Each of those badges is destined for a good home in Oz, even tho at least some of the Ozmates have no intention of wearing them in precisley the same manner that was modelled at the 1 August bash! :D

So don't delay! Get your badge ... yesterday! :)

Evening Star
5th Sep 2001, 13:25
Got my badge this morning, and a smart wee thing it is as well. Now, whether as SLF I am allowed to wear it is another matter.... :cool:

InFinRetirement
18th Sep 2001, 20:53
SLF. You certainly are!

This is I hope a good time to remind everyone that the PPRuNe badges are still on sale at £10. £1 of which goes to the PPRuNe Fund which Danny contributes, and which will be much more of a needed now in the future than ever.

In fact, I have decided to do the same, and put a £1 in for each badge sold.

Go to page ONE of this thread and place your order for a badge that you can proudly wear.

InFinRetirement
17th Oct 2001, 17:03
Back to the top for those who requested how to get one of our great little badges! :D

Brian Dixon
20th Oct 2001, 00:12
Have worn my badge with great pride at all the public sessions of the House of Lords Select Committee reviewing the Chinook crash.

Get yours. Be different. Be noticed.
:D

Evening Star
21st Oct 2001, 16:45
SLF. You certainly are!

Good news :D. Badge on for the 0620 out of NCL :cool:.

[ 21 October 2001: Message edited by: Evening Star ]

Tonkenna
24th Oct 2001, 00:10
They certainly do look good, especialy on a standard RAF name badge. Not sure if CinC STC or CAS noticed it though :D

BTW, how many have been sold now?

Tonks

Back to the top and buy one now.

[ 23 October 2001: Message edited by: Tonkenna ]

Tom the Tenor
24th Oct 2001, 22:59
Hi IFR, just to let you know the badges arrived safely at Chez Tiffin Babe on Tuesday. Thanks, TTT.

InFinRetirement
8th Nov 2001, 14:06
Pssst! People are buying PPRuNe Badges as Christmas presents. A fine idea! How about you buy one for your partner, they look nice on a dress too. :D :eek:

Don't forget the PPRuNe Fund gets a £1 from Danny as well. The details are on the first page of this thread.

Go on! Treat him/her! http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/sloppy.gif

OzExpat
8th Nov 2001, 16:42
They also look pretty good on a zipper, or on a bra, or on a ... ;)