PDA

View Full Version : Day assessment maths and physics exam at fte??

alexduffy
30th Apr 2009, 00:07
Hi guys just new on this...Im doing ground school for a ppl at the moment and i want to go on to fte in jerez when im done but im concerned about the maths and physics end of things to get in initially...Ive been getting mixed reviews from people who i have spoke to about it but maths was never my stong point. Its frustrating me now cuz ive my heart set on fte and this career...:bored: But anyway i would love to hear fro people who have done it or are going to do it and how are you preparing for it...

cheers guys..:ok:

alkatifa
30th Apr 2009, 00:34
Not a big deal. I woudn't worry too much about it.
Some schools don't even ask for that, some do a multiple question thing.

Just ask yourself: do u think they would risk losing 50.000 with that?

jinks
30th Apr 2009, 20:46
i went to fte about 9 months ago 2 do the assesment test, in the same position as u with math not being my strong point, i didn't get a place in the end due to the math exam! i was told i would have great difficulty with the atpl's with subjects like gen nav & flight planning, anyway i didn't let fte's results get me down and decided to go the modular route, i just passed all 14 subjets with a 94% average, as far as the maths and physics go if u work hard while on the atpl's you'll pick it up very fast, just remember if it doesn't go your way with fte there are lots of other flight schools around :ok: best of luck.

flyingred
1st May 2009, 08:55
Hey alex...

looks like im in pretty much the exact same boat as you. I did maths and physics in the leaving cert, did okay. but they definatly wernt my strong subjects...

I did the assessments down in PTC in waterford of which maths and physics wernt my best. I made up for it in other areas. Iv applied to jerez and just waiting for my application to be processed. ill keep u posted but i reckon ill do a good bit of study on the maths and physics befor i go. PTC had easy questions you should know like calculating the area of a cirlce. i just cudnt remember the formula! just being out of practice.

When you looking to start?

alexduffy
1st May 2009, 17:08
Cheers for the info....im finished doin ground school in weston in 4 weeks but im not doing the exams as i just wanna do the integrated course..i was at the flyer expo last saturday in london as it was ok i suppose...! There is courses starting in fte in september, october and november so i wanna go for one of those....september if possible...how about u?? I didnt do any science for my lc and my mathes wasnt great!! Did ptc offer u a place??

flyingred
3rd May 2009, 11:26
no, havnt heard back from them yet. Iv heard it takes a week or so for it to go through. Ye same, ideally I'd be going for the september or october course. but sure i have to get it first!!

I'm not too sure exactly, but that shouldnt be too much of a problem I'd say. Ye it might help to have done some, but going from what people have said on this site, they send out some study material before the tests. Again tho, I;ll keep you posted as I hear!