PDA

View Full Version : A Super Scare to clean out the senior ranks at QF?

Capt Kremin
29th Apr 2009, 11:50
The QF LH EBA voting finishes on the 7th of May and the result will be known then. That's five days before the Budget is delivered, including a weekend.
With a lot of talk on the budget centering on reductions in middle class welfare such as Super concessions to be axed, one wonders how many senior guys at QF will take the risk of hanging on after the EBA is ratified. (Friday the 8th maybe?)
It could be a big call for some of them... wait till the EBA is ratified to collect two and a half years of backpay, and maybe have large wads of it removed by a government desperate to plug the holes in the balance sheet.
If anyone is wondering, yes I hope a lot of them go! I'd rather see some 40 years of service barnacles go with multi-million dollar cheques than 20 something SO's on the street with nothing.

ampclamp
29th Apr 2009, 12:09
Hi CK,
If changes are made whatever exists right now will likely be grandfathered.Just mho.
Gonna be a killer budget and 'top end' earners (name your arbitrary number ie 100 or 150k) will be slugged.Enough things have been leaked to the press (as usual) to that end already ie private health subsidy, super changes , child care rebates, first home buyers grant etc.Tougher indexing or gone altogether for over xxx income levels.

Capt Fathom
29th Apr 2009, 12:43
If changes are made whatever exists right now will likely be grandfathered

Yeah right!

Just like the budget 2/3 years ago when they capped the amount you could put into super .. effective from budget night!!

teresa green
29th Apr 2009, 13:19
What you mean they are going to take the 900 bucks back? Peter Costello where the :mad: are you, this mob could not organise a grape vine over a fence.

Lodown
29th Apr 2009, 13:57
From a pure amateurish, personal interest viewpoint, I've watched the rise in status of the number-crunching, cost-cutting, manage by numbers professional CEO and manager for the last 20 years from the sidelines and wondering when the seachange would come. In the current business climate, I think they've finally met their Waterloo. At least I hope so. Companies that don't engage their employees, or took their employees for granted, are scrambling to find a new strategy to help them survive this downturn. What these companies are finding is that it was very easy when it was convenient to turn off their employees, but it is much, much harder and takes considerably longer to turn the attitude around now that they need it. For many boards, new managers with practical experience from within the ranks of their company will be a good start.

Sunfish
29th Apr 2009, 22:01
Richard Kranium on the Borghetti thread:

Some of the stories that are floating about concerning the jokes and laughter from the Jetstar mafia around the Excom table when all the sackings were forced on the managers - one of Joyce's Jetstar cronies gloating that it took 4 hours only to identify the 500 who would be sacked, including individuals who's faces do not fit the new "young and focused" look.

If this quote by Mr. Kranium is correct, then leave now, because these managers will bring Qantas to its knees very very quickly. Why? Because QF cannot survive very much longer being managed by an increasing proportion of Narcisists in upper management - the "jokes and laughter" is a dead give away of a narcissists chief characteristic - a total lack of empathy with anyone.

Empathy and brainpower is going to be required to survive the forthcoming Swine Flu Pandemic, let alone the economic downturn.