View Full Version : TSR2 SIGNED PRINTS...........Now available!

InFinRetirement
6th Jun 2001, 23:39
I took New Bloke with me down to Salisbury today to help me put and take the TSR2 prints from Roland 'Bee' Beamont as he signed them. He enjoyed it, I enjoyed it and I can assure you that 'Bee' Beamont enjoyed it.

All the time the great man was signing the prints, he was willing to answer all and any questions concerning his career, his war experiences and his years as a test pilot. He also chatted in general about aviation, and as you would expect, spoke with great knowledge. It was a truly remarkable day with a very very remarkable man whose 82 years do not show. He is without doubt one of Great Britain's greatest aviators.

I did, of course, express PPRuNe's lasting thanks for his generosity in signing the prints, about which he constantly complemented Nearly Man's interpretation of the TSR2. An accolade indeed NM - and much deserved. The prints are numbered 1/400 to 400/400 - although some have been reserved.

The price is £46.14 for the signed version and £16.14 for the unsigned version. Postage and packing (cardboard tube) is £1.14p and included in the above prices.

Please send your cheque made out to the Pprune Fund - to 5 Station Approach, Belmont, Surrey SM2 6BW

Please to remember that ALL the proceeds from the sale of these prints goes to the PPRuNe Fund which will be used to assist worthy wannabes - via our mentoring scheme.

This is the print that Nearly Man has dontated to PPRuNe and Bill Beck printed - at absolutely NO cost.

http://flypuppy.homestead.com/files/TSR2_Final_Signed_print.jpg

IFR

[This message has been edited by InFinRetirement (edited 23 June 2001).]

New Bloke
7th Jun 2001, 01:01
My Wife found it hard to believe that IFR and myself were in a room with one other person and that person managed to get a word in edgeways. Actually IFR and myself were so in awe of “Bee” that we hardly spoke except to ask questions that he was more than happy to answer.

I have had a great day and feel privileged to have spent it with one of this county’s (perhaps the world’s) greatest Aviators. (And Bee Beamont as well ;) )

InFinRetirement
23rd Jun 2001, 13:49
Back to the top! :)

InFinRetirement
28th Jun 2001, 00:44
More people are buying the print, and delighted with the quality. Go on, treat yourself! Help the fund too.

pax domina
3rd Jul 2001, 15:09
http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/bttt.gif

(Hope you don't mind, IFR :) )

Porky Speedpig
3rd Jul 2001, 16:35
Received mine last week only 2 days after mailing my request. Happy to make my first post a vote of thanks - brilliant print. Well done!

InFinRetirement
13th Jul 2001, 13:44
Help the wannabe PPRuNe Fund by joining the many who are delighted with their print of this beautifully painted TSR2.

The details for ordering at that beginning of this thread. Go on! Give yourself a treat.

:D

InFinRetirement
31st Jul 2001, 13:20
Been asked to get this up again. So here it is. :D

InFinRetirement
18th Sep 2001, 21:09
The purchase of these prints has, to say the least, been disappointing.

I am not sure why that is but it cannot be because of the quality, they are brilliant! But I would like you to consider having one, not only because it is a good print, and it is signed by it's original Test Pilot, Wing Commander Roland 'Bee' Beamont, but because every penny of the proceeds goes to the PPRuNe Fund.

This fund, as most of you know, was set up by me, at Danny's request, to eventually assist wannabes to get their foot on the ladder to a commercial licence. This will include financial assistance if it is deemed appropriate.

The fund currently stands at around £4500. I would like to see it reach £25,000 within the next year, but if we don't, it will not stop us launching the selection programme, which I aim to do as early in the New Year as I can.

So, your contribution by purchasing a print will be much appreciated and is much needed.

You do get something GOOD for your money!