PDA

View Full Version : How is this going to work?

DUSKY DOG
29th Apr 2009, 08:39
:suspect:I am an SFO on Airbus that will complete some 92 credit hours for the month of April.
Today I am rostered for a CDG and Crew Control rang my home this morning wherepon they are offering me, my son took the call. a roster change to either Perth or Auckland.
Therefore today there are insuficient crews to man the operation.
What will happen next week or next month when all SLS volunteers take up their leave? or will they?
Its allocated remember at the companies whim at a later date.
So what happens this time next year when things pick up again.
If you have not used up your SLS alocated leave you may never get it back for years!!???
But they start deducting your salary as of next month.
Am I missing something or does management think I am stupid???!!
At this moment in time it makes no sense to take SLS unless something concrete is given in return and the prospect of work beyon 55 is not guaranteed to anyone due medicals etc etc,.

bobrun
30th Apr 2009, 08:59
Why would ANY FO or SO take part in SLS is confusing:confused:. COS08 may have so appeal to some, but SLS? Junior crews are already giving away a lot, by the simple fact that commands have been lost for another five years since most CNs will now have RA65!

canuckster
30th Apr 2009, 11:20
It would be stupid to take a paycut without locking in the leave so if you take a paycut without locking in the leave I guess then you're :mad: ing stupid.

T-bone
30th Apr 2009, 11:37
Gee guys how long have you worked here? ALL SO's and FO's have to take SLS. The threat from both the DFO and GMA regarding future promotions and the like has been plainly obvious in their recent updates.

Air Profit
2nd May 2009, 00:07
T Bone. What do you think they will do, vicitmise hundreds and hundreds of pilots? The company's threats are hollow. I can't actually believe that any manager would have put their signature to such base and appalling notices. Time to say NO, and force them to come up with a proper contract. This proposal is an abomination. :mad: