PDA

View Full Version : Kinds Of Overflying Permits

cris
29th Apr 2009, 04:42
Good day to all,

im a newbie flight disp. that obtaining over flying permits for aircraft, i want to know more about all kinds of O/F Permits that possible used to fly an aircraft to other teritory, some of my example is blanket, diplomatic permit can someone give me some example and explanation/difinition> for all other?......
Im highly appreciate that. thank you.

k/regards
cris FOO:ok:

vipero
29th Apr 2009, 08:09
Quite easy: almost everywhere in the MidEast/Asian/African continent you need overflight permits.
Some can be obtained directly, some or better many require an agent to make the applications on your behalf.

The best way to get info is by UK CAA CAP555 or AIP GEN of each country.

cris
29th Apr 2009, 08:45
Thank you for a great information.
so i need a constant communication with my company's agent to that country, to easily get through their CAA for the permit number.
I get it!!! Thank you sir i am highly appreciate your concern to this topic.

Cheersss:)

merlinxx
29th Apr 2009, 12:03
Check Jepp Entry Requirements for info. DIPLOMATIC PERMITS is a misnamed entity, these are only applied if the flt is a diplomatic one, otherwise all permits are either Overflight or Overflight & Landing, traffic etc:ok:

acmi48
29th Apr 2009, 17:35
have fun with russia china & india - crack these and you will be king of pile.

:ok:

Moaiad
3rd May 2009, 12:03
in many locations it is better to use an agent since he knows the exact requirements http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/thumbs.gif.

cris
4th May 2009, 07:00
Thanks for all the comments, and ahve a nice day to all of you..
Cheers>>>>
:ok:

the bald eagle
4th May 2009, 16:59
have fun with russia china & india - crack these and you will be king of pile.

And chuck Hong Kong in with that lot:E:E

dc9-32
5th May 2009, 14:55
Russia, China, India, Hong Kong - all easy. No problem :ok:

the bald eagle
6th May 2009, 22:07
Russia, China, India, Hong Kong - all easy. No problem

Yeah....If you get some one else to apply on your behalf:}

dc9-32
6th May 2009, 22:13
the bald eagle

Actually no, direct access to all apart from India where an agent is mandatory. It's not what you know - it's who you know :ok: By the way, India landing permit in less than 7 days is possible :D

the bald eagle
6th May 2009, 22:21
When ACMI48 mentioned them i think he was just trying to say that unless your application is absolutely spot on then they will give you aggro

Honkers is just another one that if all is not correct then back it comes to you

I know, and you know along with most of the flight planning people that direct access is the name of the game with exception to a few (India being one)

And on the subject of India, It has been known to get a landing clearance in 7 days, lets see if Merlinxx comments on that (He's the Google of permits and flight planning!):ok:

merlinxx
7th May 2009, 06:07
India is not really the crock it was, there are some damn good agents there, who can in exceptional circumstances obtain permits in 48 hours. As a taster check out overflight services, flight instructions services, aircraft fueling services,flight planning services, post flight services india (http://www.cbasindia.com) They are ISO 9001 certificated.

PS They are my chums so I admit to being biased, just a taster:ok:

Another is Trans Asian Avtn run by one Satya Sharma. Again Satya is a good chum
and excellent service provider check www.jetops.com:ok:

Have fun.

dc9-32
7th May 2009, 06:24
merlinxx

Try and beat 36hrs for an Indian landing approval - and I didn't use TAA. Iran too, less than an hour and direct :ok:

merlinxx
7th May 2009, 13:37
36 hrs is a damn good result, best I ever had was 10hrs, but that was rqst'd via IAF
HQ by an AVM in person to the Director General over tiffin or Black Label. Catch the right one at the right time and it's painless.

Indian paper shuffling is an art form to be very closely studied, and appreciated, especially when trying to work with the paper with logs in it !!!!!!:O

I have never lost sight of who put this system in place, we Brits did, but the Indians have improved massively, I've actually seen one peice of paper work it's way through 4 depts before it gets it's final stamp:ugh: Good stuff and great fun:{ makes life worth living:ugh:

acmi48
10th May 2009, 05:32
foot note on russia/china

for china- for charter applications you can, as mentioned many times previously ,with the right connections get a permit.The atc route offered though may not be the most optimum for your operation.

i was in BJS 2 weeks ago and met with the top floor at the MATMB and although they are doing their best to free up more internal routings the final word comes from the PLA air force on all things -airspace-

for russia - again for charter applications you have a certain flexiblity, BUT for scheduled operations on certain routes ,these are subject to your countries air service agreements with the russian federation ( i refer here to Russia itself rather than the C.I.S) and even these are further compounded if you wish to operate the 'trans siberia' routes which are still,and will remain, subject to royalties.

another advise on the above two countries,they adhere strictly to route pairings,a permit approved does not necessarily mean that you have carte blanche to change your requested OVERFLIGHT routing,(ie departure and arrival airfield )

finally,a good contact "agent" in each country although a cost item your bean counters will frown at, will in the long term get you what you want,these people after all know the system which many including myself as a westener do not fully understand.

another problem surfacing now is the issue that western banks are not permitting wire transfers to certian countries due to sanctions, 3 that come to mind,Sudan,Iran and Myanmar,this is turn means your overflight fees are not being paid and subsequently your chances of getting another due to this are also restricted.

have fun ..