PDA

View Full Version : Norton Internet Security 2009

d71146
28th Apr 2009, 19:26
Good Evening Everyone,
My query is this I have Norton Internet Security 2009 on a 3 user licence would it be possible to install the program on my Sister in laws computer which is not situated at the same address as my own for example to get updates etc with no problems being encountered.
Or, do the computers have to be situated at the same address on the same network for example.
Thanks.

Saab Dastard
28th Apr 2009, 19:47
Is it not specifically covered in the license Ts & Cs?

SD

gas path
28th Apr 2009, 20:34
Er..Why bother? plenty of good free AV and firewall products out there, that also have the added bonus of not slowing the system down!

Guest 112233
28th Apr 2009, 21:42
Get them to install their Norton software under your LAN - I 'm going to try this out my self at some stage . I'm fairly sure once the initial authentification is established, later ones if needed; will be OK locally - Ask Semantic to see if this is the case.

CAT III

kenhughes
28th Apr 2009, 22:50
The dealings I've had with Symantec licenses in the past have all been valid in the "Country of Purchase".

If you think about it, you could install one of the three on a laptop - then get your updates from just about any IP Address. The licenses are usually activated during, or just after, the install routine. Once the three have been used up, no more installs will be allowed.

Our office licenses allow to us to install on in-office machines, employee's home machines and employee or office laptops.

So you should be OK installing on your S-i-L's machine as one of the three.

K

BladePilot
29th Apr 2009, 07:22
I had no problems with 2009 loaded onto two desktops and one laptop. Laptop load was done out of the country of purchase. 2009 is the best Symantec product I've used to date and because of its 'pulse' downloads I never notice it actually downloading updates. 2009 hasn't had the same 'drag' effect on any of my PC's which earlier versions like 360 certainly did! :)