PDA

View Full Version : Telex headset: service dept in DXB?

Jumeirah James
28th Apr 2009, 14:56
Gents,

my Telex headset needs servicing. Does anyone know of an agent in DXB please? I've Googled but to no avail.

Rainboe
28th Apr 2009, 16:53
Even a headset services company in the UK handed mine back saying 'it was unrepairable' because of the complete lack of after market support by Telex. Try the Telex website, but I don't think you will find it any help.

Jumeirah James
28th Apr 2009, 17:49
Thanks Rainboe .... it seems I have to buy another one. Off to search.

ahramin
29th Apr 2009, 23:04
Send it back to Telex. Their service department is excellent.

Rainboe
29th Apr 2009, 23:39
What 'service department'? Minnesota? Very useful (for N America). For the rest of the world, shipping plus repair costs probably exceeds the cost of a replacement. They are quick to sell these things to the rest of the world, but have no interest in repair (for the rest of the world). If I buy a Sony camera and it breaks, there are service centres all over the world, not just Minnesota! The Telex situation is so dire, a Headset Repair centre in the UK gave it back to me with an apology- 'we just can't get Telex spares!'

ahramin
30th Apr 2009, 19:43
Sorry, your headset may be cheaper than mine. I can't image it would cost more than 70 GBP to ship to Minnesota.

In addition, when I had an issue with my headset, Telex paid for the shipping both ways.

I think it would be well worth your while to call them and see.

However, I know Telex spares are difficult to get so I might think twice about buying Telex outside North America.

Manual Reversion
30th Apr 2009, 23:33
No particular axe to grind, but a month ago my Telex 850 broke at what I percieve to be a weak point at its connection to the earpiece.
I'm a UK based long haul pilot, but sent it to Telex in the US. About two weeks later, it was returned, repaired with new ear covers/clips etc, free of charge and 'insured' for another three years.
I have to say I am impressed with the service, a problem I had many years ago with a GA type headset was dealt with in a similarly expeditious manner.

Rainboe
1st May 2009, 18:32
Thatīs exactly where mine went. I shall try a repair direct with Minnesota then!