PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix East

sx_stavros
28th Apr 2009, 10:57
Hi everyone

I am considering of starting my flight training at Phoenix East Aviation. They seem to have a fairly good reputation and the prices are also competitive.

Now, I know that Flight Safety and Delta Connection Academy are the top dogs but I would like to know whereabouts is Phoenix East positioned in the Top Aviation Schools list. I ve looked it up but I cant find any sort of list.

Could anyone with relative experience help?

G550-PIC
28th Apr 2009, 11:10
Phoenix East Aviation is not bad :ok:.I kinda like there structure for training.I've been to there site and they have been quite helpful with a lot info. concerning training.

A professional pilot i know said, they are good- becos he had his training in Florida- after going through the brochure.They have been around since the 70's , so i guess they are fine.

Still haven't made up my mind yet.But, they are one of the good schools in florida compared to other flight schools outside the U.S.

The fee is reasonable being in the U.S. and , Delta is too expensive.They are out of my list.

Keep in touch, if you find anyone who had there training PEA.:ok:

wis3384
28th Apr 2009, 14:36
i do agree with G550-PIC.

FSA, DCA and PEA are three accredited flight school by the department of education, these are the three top flight schools in USA, and specially in florida, all the other flight schools in florida and USA they are just a part 141 flight schools or 61...but to be accredited by the department of education it directly puts them to the top of the list...and i think there is 7 flights schools accredited in USA 3 of them are Fixed wing other are Helicopter Schools

Concerning the price of course PEA is the most reasonable comparing to FSA and DCA...

so seems its a good choice... good luck :ok:

patelv6
20th May 2009, 02:04
Hey thought id give you some reliable feedback as i am currently at the school doing the instrument commercial course.
Pros
1. the school has well equipped ac for ifr and ppl training, good maintenance.
2. 4 senecas and 2 diamonds for multi rating..
3. level of instructing and teaching is good.

cons.
1. for single commercial , its very hard to get the arrow, they only have two.
2. the prices you pay will more than what is given on the brochure. i can gaurantee that! budget over 10% extra for the courses..

facilities are good otherwise. hope that helped

mspilot2B
20th May 2009, 08:52
From previous post: ".......FSA, DCA and PEA are three accredited flight school by the department of education..............but to be accredited by the department of education it directly puts them to the top of the list......"

Wouldn't Embry Riddle and Florida Institute of Technology/FIT Aviation be top of this list too as they are universities in Florida??

wis3384
20th May 2009, 20:48
mspilot2B
the difference is ERAU and FIT are 4 year degree programs

the 3 schools are a Flight SCHOOLS and they are accredited by regulatory body ...and there is a huge difference between them ....

menatti
21st May 2009, 01:37
I would actually say PEA cost 20-30% more than the quoted price and they just increased the fuel surcharge which they dont tell you about in the brochure. They are a good school but I would suggest you signed a step by step contract i.e Private, IFR the CPL. I signed all three soo I'm stuck but if I had known better I would have done my PPL and IFR there then gone elsewhere for my CPL as its way cheaper across the ramp at another institution to fly the Seneca

C-17 GLOBEMASTER III
22nd May 2009, 23:28
This brings up a question thats been in the back of my mind for quite a while now, does any one here know if Embry Riddle do stand alone flight training, or do you have to a degree along with training?

wis3384
23rd May 2009, 13:31
C-17 GLOBEMASTER IIIwell the easier way to explain it ...is in a flight school you spend a year to have all your licenses....buut if your do it in ERAU ..they will spread it for 4 years....so you will have a 4 year degreee in aviation + pilot licenses

MerNion
13th Aug 2009, 18:15
Hello all!

In the next 4-5 months i want to continue from my PPL to the ATPL and was thinking of the Phoenix East Aviation.. I am a foreign student so a visa would be needed and a lot of paper work too i guess. I have read previous posts back in 2001-2003 about PEA but i believe things change as time goes by..
I was wondering if there are any current students or instructors reading this forum and would appreciate a situation status at this school at this time.. I have not yet signed anything and if a better school is found, of course i would go with it.. Any impressions/suggestions are welcomed!

Thanks a lot!
Greetings from Greece!

MerNion
27th Aug 2009, 15:11
Sorry to bump the thread but i wanted to ask something further.. Has anyone one done any JAA distance learning on PEA? Is there such a thing?
Thanks!

s10an
27th Aug 2009, 16:19
PEA does not offer JAA training. They have a partnership with a school in Norway that does the JAA distance learning. They might have partnerships with other schools as well but that was the only one when i was there. A lot of people does the bristol GS. Do a search on them. Seems to be the best distance learning program out there.