View Full Version : Cessna 500 (Encore) Ferry Crew Needed.

Flintstone
27th Apr 2009, 18:07
Absolutely nothing in this for me whatsoever, just passing on a tip to help those 'resting' at the moment so hope it's fine by the mods.

I overheard a conversation today that revealed a requirement for an Encore crew to ferry an aircraft from Europe to the US. Fairly urgent I think, as in the next week or so.

If anyone's available drop me a line and I'll pass on details.

4HolerPoler
27th Apr 2009, 20:01
Saved - no-one saw - honest!

This type of thread really doesn't cross the line - I'm happy to leave it and I'd hope that some of my more learned colleagues don't disagree.

4HP

G-SPOTs Lost
27th Apr 2009, 21:33
N535CE going home at last??? Wattsy at Gamston might be able to help if no restees (sic) come forward.

TheOtherSide
27th Apr 2009, 22:20
Dont think anyone has paid the Kings Ransom for CE yet! :}:ok:

clivewatson
27th Apr 2009, 22:43
I guess it really is a small World Flintstone, (not that I would like to walk around it) but I'm intrigued how you got to hear about it. Anyway thanks, my PM's box is already full!!

Cheers

27th Apr 2009, 23:34
As said, Mike Watts - or poss John Duke as well. I know he may be busy running Eastern Air now but may be available. Wouldn't be the first crossing for either of them in a C500 series.

KyleRB
27th Apr 2009, 23:53
I flew CE a few times way back in summer 2006!

hawker750
28th Apr 2009, 12:03
Do not forget that the crew will need B1/B2 and C1/D visas before they leave UK. Waiver program is not valid fo this type of operation

Paradise Lost
28th Apr 2009, 16:47
Flintster, hope you ran that one past Duck iaw the latest sticky!!!!!!!
Where did the 4HP mod pop out of?
I'd have thought it was safer to put one of those Encore thingys in the back of an AN 124.

clivewatson
28th Apr 2009, 22:06
Thanks to all those who PM'd - I answered every one, but I have a crew in place now.

For those who wanted to sit RHS for the experience, sorry, but I had already promised this to someone else. Those who requested it so politely, are in line for future crossings when they arise.

If I can accomodate a few extra as pax who just want to experience the trip accross the pond, I will be glad to do so if at all possible. Next one due Eastbound in September, so if I am permitted to advertise the chance here...watch this space.

Thanks Duck!!

Duck Rogers
29th Apr 2009, 21:54
Glad to have been of assistance. If anyone else has any job tips feel free to contact me.

clivewatson
1st May 2009, 22:49
This thread should have been closed, and two qualified pilots SHOULD have been in place to do the job. That is what was arranged, and all WAS in place .

Regrettably, a pilot who was NOT qualified to do the job, and one who was turned down from the outset took umbrage, and tried to screw things up! The worst thing is that he is a regular pprune member who claims to have experience that I have now discovered is FALSE.

I KNOW who you are....change your name, and please NEVER CALL ME AGAIN asking for work.

4HolerPoler
2nd May 2009, 11:26
As these are anonymous forums the origins of the contributions may be opposite to what may be apparent. In fact the press may use it, or the unscrupulous, or sciolists*, to elicit certain reactions.

*"sciolist"... Noun, archaic. "a person who pretends to be knowledgeable and well informed".

Duck Rogers
5th May 2009, 14:37
I allowed this thread under special circumstances against the advice of seasoned moderators and sailing somewhat close to the wind in respect of the site rules on advertising. I was warned by some that I was inviting trouble and am somewhat miffed to see that they may have been right. I don't yet have the full story but plan to get it.

In the meantime a word of warning to anyone considering playing silly buggers. Don't. Otherwise you WILL be banned.

Duck