PDA

View Full Version : Any complementary food?

modtinbasher
27th Apr 2009, 13:00
Grateful for a response to this one please folks.

Last year on a Gatwick to Antalya with Thomas Cook we were given "complementary food", I wonder if anyone could advise whether the same may be happening on a similar flight this year, but from Manchester?

Details are:

Manchester to Antalya on TCX78K at 0800 hrs (hopefully) on 10 May.

Thanks

MTB

GroundedSLF
28th Apr 2009, 10:53
Depends on what you booked, and who you booked it through.

Thomas Cook Flights website allows you to add food as an "extra" - £6.50 for a 3 course meal with coffee.

If you booked a complete package - the meal may be included in your total package cost - best check with who you booked with. If it was through a travel agent, then they will tell you straight away, if you booked it yourself, you may need to spend some time reading small print...

modtinbasher
28th Apr 2009, 11:45
Thanks grounded! We'd not booked a meal before and got one given us despite docs saying "no meal purchased", just hoping I might have got the attention of actual cabin staff flying this sector.

MTB

WHBM
28th Apr 2009, 12:00
As I understand it, the holiday flight operators who offer pre-purchased in-flight meals do seat allocations so all those who have so purchased are at one end (nearest the galley, obviously), and those who have not done so are allocated to the opposite end.

A range of issues on the day have led to an equal range of stories about those who have not prepurchased getting something anyway.

Envoy320
28th Apr 2009, 12:11
From time to time - computers go wrong and the "no meal" passengers are unrecognisable from those who have paid....therefore - everyone is going to get a meal....
in general - those with no meals booked will be sat nearer to the back of the aircraft....nothing to do with galley location i may add - largest galleys on all TCX aircraft are at the back ...
depending on the standard of hotel or brochure that you book through - you may automatically receive a meal onboard and are not aware of the option of not having one.....

sometimes....the crew just get it wrong by not reading the list of no meal passengers or checking with the passengers documentation....

so many variations and options.....

iain8867
28th Apr 2009, 12:13
Last year with the merger in full swing, the No meal list the crew were supplied was often wrong. So some did recieve a meal who had not paid or requested it!

The list is 99% correct now. May happen, but doubtful