PDA

View Full Version : Air Contractors.....no ATR rating. Any chance ?

buzzc152
27th Apr 2009, 10:53
Hi all

I'd like to work for Air Contractors, pref BHX based. However, I don't have an ATR rating. Do I have any chance of a look in ? Are they even recruiting at the moment ?

For info, I have 1500 TT currently flying a medium TP (FO).

Cheers
Buzz

hardcase
27th Apr 2009, 11:15
no chance without a rating & BHX base is over crewed...

hotelmodemetar
27th Apr 2009, 12:19
No recruitment at the moment, but some more ATR72s to be added to the fleet this year so who knows? :suspect:

Anyway most of the FOs (except FougaMagister :}) normally join ACL with a previous airline experience and hundreds of hours on type.

FougaMagister
27th Apr 2009, 16:56
Correct. No ATR type rating = not a chance. Full stop.

Cheers

Hotelmodemetar: real hotshots don't need hrs. on type :} , just some serious networking! :p

hardcase
27th Apr 2009, 17:34
hey FM, i think you mean a:mad::mad: kissing...:p:p:p:p

420 HB
28th Apr 2009, 21:48
Buzzc152 afraid the guys are right at the moment. No recruitment for the foreseeable future. Massively overcrewed at the UK bases but cant fill some of the euro bases:confused: come back with time on type although conditions for FOs are now not as good as they once were.

AERO75
15th May 2009, 20:18
Any chance with ATR type rating and 500 on type??

CHEERS:p

base not important!

good night

LeNautilus
28th May 2009, 19:32
Hi there,

I'd like to know if B.M. is the only guy you can send your CV to if you want to work for Air Contractors.
Is it possible to apply directly to ACL by mailing your CV to the headquarters (or even popping in one day)?

Thx a lot for your answers.

hardcase
29th May 2009, 06:42
here's a thought why not try the Air Contractors website...click on careers.

HC
:eek:

LeNautilus
29th May 2009, 14:44
yeah thx HC, I've seen this page as well. But as Air Contractors is a big company with lots of different business, I thought I could directly send an email to the chief pilot or to the flight ops department.

hardcase
29th May 2009, 14:52
that email address is used by the personnel director who overviews all company recruitment

hotelmodemetar
29th May 2009, 15:46
LeNautilus,

You are right, the only way to apply for a pilot job with Air Contractors is through B.M's agency so called AIR. It would be absolutely useless to send your CV or call the chief pilot directly.
Although some bases are currently short of pilots, some other bases are overcrewed ...so on the general aspect the company is full and won't be recruiting this year. As soon as the world economy and job market gets better, then ACL will probably have to recuit lots of new pilots though :hmm: