PDA

View Full Version : A320 Tier Change Criteria?

dekster73
27th Apr 2009, 09:20
Hi,what Is The Criteria For Tier Change,if It's Either A Recap Or New?is There Any Documantation Could Be Found On Line?

h3dxb
27th Apr 2009, 12:16
RYFM especially AMM 32-41-XXXX, when there are no other company approved limits. AMM has to be used for this special A/C and nust be the last revision.

mitzy69
27th Apr 2009, 14:36
for British reg a/c the CAA air worthiness notice 5 I think say 2mm depth of groove over 75% of tread.
also quoted in flying manual.
and in maintenance manual ata 32-45-04.
but some companys allow away from main base the treads to have no tread at all as a get you home allowance, so if is black round and holds pressue it is OK.
which I think is OK as B777 allows in MEL 2 brakes to be locked out, which is the same as a smooth tyre on wet runways.

MrFixer!!!
28th Apr 2009, 15:18
As mentioned above, some airlines have their own procedure manuals which supersede the AMM, and basically gives very liberal allowances, just to get it back to the Main Base.If its good enough to have come from the Main Base in that condition then its good enough to go back in the same condition!!! :} :ugh:

Wirelock
30th Apr 2009, 19:32
sorry but unless i am picking this up wrong???
it is not possible to give an allowance over the AMM. this is the limit. a company cannot give a higher limit than stated in the AMM.
if a tyre is out of limit then its out of limit... it doesn't make a difference if the aircraft is at home base or not.
the job of the engineer is to read the manual and make a call based on all the information... not make it up as you go along:mad:

Fargoo
30th Apr 2009, 22:44
sorry but unless i am picking this up wrong???

Yes, you are wrong :ugh:

h3dxb
1st May 2009, 04:34
Yes, you are wrong

Fargoo, give Wirelock some discount, at least explain him ......

Wirelock, some company have a Part 21 approval and can override the AMM.
But in Tire wears normally the so called Standart or company procedure is reducing the limits, to allow to renew the tires more often. It depends for which Part 145 company you work.

But You're right, first entry point for our friend from syria should be the AMM to change a >>tier<< :ok:

MrFixer!!!
4th May 2009, 23:06
FOR MORE INFO: Companies can write their own procedure manuals or given some other name, and get it approved by their own Quality people and their own Licensing Authority!!! It gives more flexible operation for their own convenience. Of course, AMM gives you all the procedures and everything else but on certain Chapters(systems) if the company has got their own Procedures Manual , then that takes priority over the AMM. I am sure there will be lots of engineers dealing with 3rd party customers and know about these so-called procedures of individual airlines, even though they might be operating the same a/c type !!!! :ugh:

MrFixer!!!
4th May 2009, 23:10
And WIRELOCK, if you havent come across this scenario that doesnt mean these things dont exist!!!! Try and expand your horizon a bit more or stop getting upset about things which you havent heard before!!!:ok:

glhcarl
4th May 2009, 23:32
it is not possible to give an allowance over the AMM. this is the limit.

The MM is not a regulatory agency (FAA/CAA/etc) approved doucment, therefore the aircraft owner can deviate if they wish.

Wirelock
5th May 2009, 19:22
ok.. thanks for the feedback... everyday is a school day in this job. and yes i have never come across this different procedures. i have never worked for a 3rd party company so i wasn't aware. so thanks for the info and keep it coming!!:ok: