PDA

View Full Version : AS 350 B2 Sand Filter supplement

hostile
27th Apr 2009, 04:45
350 Guru's

The newest bulletin (04/02/2009) from Eurocopter about Sand Filter. The section 2 is the limitations, but what it is actually telling for us? Here is text:

2 LIMITATIONS
The limitations laid down in the basic Flight Manual remain applicable
with the exception of the following specific limitations :
- The flight envelope restrictions in case of falling snow are cancelled.
- Sand filter operating.
. the heating and demisting systems must be switched off,
. comply with the following Ng limits:

Then table with those Ng limits... I didn't crob it in here.

My Question is, are all falling snow limitations (restrictions) canceled and in what conditions?: It doesn't opened to me:confused:. Thanks.

Hostile

RVDT
27th Apr 2009, 06:48
Have a look in the top of the inlet of a 350 without a S/Filter.

There is a large flat area where snow can accumulate and eventually slide down into the engine in one big gob that will put it out. With the filter - can't happen.

TukTuk BoomBoom
27th Apr 2009, 07:03
The Eurocopter Sand Filter is just the Snow Filter with P2 air blowing through the vanes.

widgeon
27th Apr 2009, 10:45
I would assume that if the VFR flight rules apply if the snow is thick enough to impede visability . Hmm could be an interesting law suit , the FLM told me it was OK to fly:)

hostile
27th Apr 2009, 14:27
So, if you have VMC, you can continue flight without any restriction? (example in lifting work). Normally in that weather at least you need heating system ON in cockpit. Well, I will put in our company manual like it was, you have or you dont have Sand filter; same snowing restrictions. Only restrictions are Ng and heating/demisting OFF, when Sand filter is ON.:bored:

Thanks,

Hostile