PDA

View Full Version : Waste of time

Flash2001
26th Apr 2009, 21:59
Windows XP has an error reporting function that generates and then offers to send a report to MS whenever the task manager is used to shut a program down. About half the time I need to use the TM to exit Outlook. The report itself is useless as it simply tells you that there is no more support for whatever program you terminated. The computer won't do anything else while the report is being compiled. My question is: How much time is wasted globally by this stupid feature? Could one raise a class action to recover wasted time?

Sprogget
26th Apr 2009, 22:05
Yeah, go for it Mr Litigation, where do I sign? How blighted your life must be that you need to consider legal action because your computer is misconfigured and you need a couple of extra clicks to get out of email..:rolleyes:

Flash2001
26th Apr 2009, 22:11
I think perhaps my humour was lost on Mr. S.

After an excellent landing you can use the airplane again!

Saab Dastard
26th Apr 2009, 22:26
This thread is a good example of why smilies were invented! :ok: :p;):D

Sprogget
26th Apr 2009, 22:37
Has one overreacted? A thousand apologies.:{:ouch::)

Flash2001
26th Apr 2009, 22:54
Accepted and forgotten!

BladePilot
27th Apr 2009, 11:22
Flash2001,
It's good to rant hope you feel much better for it:)

I feel the same way about the 'Problems Reports and Solutions' function in my Vista Ultimate OS. It frustrates the heck out of me when it tells me it's sent a report but that there is no fix for a particular problem but I've learnt to live with it.:sad::{:}

frostbite
27th Apr 2009, 14:25
All too symptomatic of too many companies today - introduce an automated process which wastes customer's time and is usually ignored anyway.

Good example - I have recently had a problem with an eBay seller. Neither eBay or Paypal are being of any help whatsoever but, as a result, I've had three requests to answer their surveys!