PDA

View Full Version : Some Thoughts On the Negotiations

Some How I'm Tired
26th Apr 2009, 16:51
Just a few things I would like to know before considering whether to sign up for SLS or not (CoS08 is DEFINITELY NO):

1. Has the Company been taken to task about the alleged 10% share buyback? Is SLS there just to fund future profits?

2. Why do other (non-pilot staff) at CX get to choose when they have leave, but we don't? Apparently Dragonair pilots get to choose their SLS slots.

3. How can we be guaranteed that this will truly be a LEAVE system? I can see CX placing SLS periods of one week immediately after an ULH pattern. By doing this, they effectively get one weeks' pay off us when we should be entitled to recovery time. If they do this in one week blocks, then they can get 2 (S/O), 3 (F/O) or 4 (CN) weeks pay off us with no productivity loss. Therefore we will still be flying 84 hours in our supposed LWOP months.

If all of these questions are not answered to a satisfactory level (ie not include the words "wherever possible"!), then it is an easy choice for me.

Hopefully everybody else sees this in a similar way.

S.H.I.T.

Sqwak7700
27th Apr 2009, 01:00
I agree with you ****, that is what most people should be asking. The problem is that many are intimidated into making a decission instead.

Some are just plain stupid, as you can see by some of the posts.

The questions you are asking are the ones that the AOA should have been asking instead of officially sitting on the fence and watching.

I'm not trying to bash the AOA, but they have been trumpeting about increasing numbers so we have unity. Well, here we are with 65% membership and they tell us that "it is an individual choice".

Tell me AOA, what is the point of having 100% membership if you are gonna recommend "individual choice"? :yuk:

This sort of reaction is the reason that you don't have 100% membership. Your actions determine your fate, and your mixed signals will cost you members, including me.

AD POSSE AD ESSE
27th Apr 2009, 03:11
S.H.I.T

How can we be guaranteed that this will truly be a LEAVE system? I can see CX placing SLS periods of one week immediately after an ULH pattern. By doing this, they effectively get one weeks' pay off us when we should be entitled to recovery time

No 'guarantees' whatsoever mate, and EXACTLY what will happen. Rostering will be work-stacking your roster before or after your ULV (which will be used for 'recovery')..

You will then most likely put some of your flights (before or after) your ULV up for proffer, which is then where I come into the picture:ok:

I will happily take your flights, which will now be costing you a lot more money than you are already giving up in SLS (helping the company in its dire financial crimes - ooops! I mean times)..:\

And for the other months where I cannot help you out with your proffer, I shall be doing so much overtime..but then go and enjoy my normal paid leave after that anyway..

So, by NOT taking part in SLS..I can look forward to actually making some extra money instead of loosing it on-the-double!

Still thinking of participating in the SLS scam?? As Clint Eastwood puts it: "Go ahead - punk - make my day!!":ouch:

AvGaurd
27th Apr 2009, 04:56
Be honest with you guys if I elect to take up the SLS it's only because of managements tone. I will take it if the company said please help out and in the future we will help you. But the GMA and the DFO scare tactics is working on me, I feel I have to do it or loose my job. And I'm sure I'm not the only guy that thinks this is true.

TheHKAOA
28th Apr 2009, 04:47
Actually, yes you are.

Fact: collective bargaining is not recognised in law in HKG so it is always an individual choice.

Fact: if the AOA told you what to do, you would do what you wanted to do anyway.

Sqwak7700
28th Apr 2009, 06:14
Fact: if the AOA told you what to do, you would do what you wanted to do anyway.

Good way to avoid the points I raised in my post, AOA, I expect no less from you. :hmm:

Rook
28th Apr 2009, 13:01
What points?