PDA

View Full Version : Jumpseat With BUZZ?

VFE
18th Feb 2002, 14:46
Hi folks,

Probably a silly question but is there any chance of getting a jumpseat ride with BUZZ these days as I am flying to the UK with them on Thursday from Jerez. . .Any thoughts gratefully accepted.

Cheers,

VFE.

moleslayer
18th Feb 2002, 16:07
DTLR rules now prohibit flight deck visits for anyone other than uniformed'company'crew members.

There is the chance you would be pounced upon by the other pax if they saw another'unknown'going onto the flight deck....such is the level of paranoia out there today.

Even to ask invokes a level of suspician that may involve you in some kind of extra 'security',best to just sit tight and say nowt.

Sorry !!

[ 18 February 2002: Message edited by: moleslayer ]</p>

VFE
18th Feb 2002, 18:28
moleslayer,

Thought as much. Thanks for the reply.

VFE.

Fast Jet Wannabe
18th Feb 2002, 19:24
Such a shame, I had two really enjoyable jump seats rides with Buzz to and from Berlin some time ago. Two really great Captains, and my only time on the 146. I enjoyed flying Buzz.

Whilst I respect 'moleslayers' views, and I'm sure they are correct, VFE, I suggest you ask anyway.

I was returning from India recently, (early December) and wasn't planning to ask. However, when a quiet moment presented itself I thought I'd give it a try. 20 minutes later I was on the flight deck.

The cabin crew and the flight crew both told me it shouldn't be happening, but they were all sick to death of the situation being as it is now, and the Captains justification was along the lines of "I've been flying for 30 years, I think I can tell the difference between an interested PPL and a terrosist...."

On the down side, I was told by the No.1 that she thought I had been lucky enough to get "one of the only Captains in the company who still will..." , I was very lucky, and I was the only passenger she had seen on the flightdeck since 11/9.

VFE, ask, they can only say no!

PS: Are you going to the Gatbash mate, I am, so I'll see you again if so...

(Don't worry - airline and aircraft type all witheld so as not to incriminate anyone!)

VFE
18th Feb 2002, 22:18
Hi FJW,

Doubtfull for the GATBASH at the moment but you never know I may get time off for good behaviour near then so IŽll let you know.. .Studying for the phase one ATPL groundschool at at present. Drop us an email and fill me in on what youŽve been up to the past few months mate.

VFE.