PDA

View Full Version : Chinese fake Space Prog

tony draper
25th Apr 2009, 08:50
:uhoh:
LiveLeak.com - Was last year's space walk by the Chinese fake; "Judge for yourself"!! (http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=39e_1240521483)

hellsbrink
25th Apr 2009, 09:01
Intewesting, Mr. D

SOPS
25th Apr 2009, 09:42
very very interesting Mr D

Roger Sofarover
25th Apr 2009, 09:45
Come on now Mr D

There are many threads here where the anti conspiracist theorists tell us that they do not fake space missions. What would be the point of faking a space mission? The evidence you show is less than that the moonbats come up with for the theory that man has never landed on the moon:E:E

Nice vid:ok:

tony draper
25th Apr 2009, 09:48
Well the buggas fake everything else.:E

OFSO
25th Apr 2009, 09:49
China itself is a fake. I know someone who went there and it was empty, just a billion square miles of nothingness.

tony draper
25th Apr 2009, 09:54
That watch he is wearing is prolly a fake too.:)

Rainboe
25th Apr 2009, 14:05
The ability to conduct a space walk is a real marker of progress. It authenticates the ability to don a space suit in space, depressurise and repressurise, move through the hatch and arrange restraint and motion outside. A US mission almost failed on the difficulty of an astronaut to move through the hatch when his suit was pressurised!

Most interesting, and now attention is drawn to it, the lighting is not right, the contrast is must too low for space filming with brilliant illumination and incredibly black shadows. It actually looks very very poor. Why do it? There is no point in claiming what you have not succeeded in doing- nobody is impressed unless it was aimed just at a domestic audience. But, bubbles don't shoot across things in space, and they don't get blown by the breeze! They will not get away long with this deceipt.

I still look with awe at the apollo program and what they achieved with a basic computer/calculator and minimal equipment. It shoould NOT have succeeded- it was o ne of the times when the world strived too far, and succeeded when it shouldn't. Poor old Concorde was another 'reach too far' and likewise suffered. The world didn't know how to take such a technical success, and like Apollo before it, it never reached its full potential. Here we are 40 years later, STILL flying at 40% of the speed mankind was able to travel at then! And we still can't send man to the moon! How did we stumble so?

OFSO
25th Apr 2009, 15:05
And we still can't send man to the moon! How did we stumble so?

Why Rainboe, how disbelieving of you ? Didn't George Bush say man (i.e., Americans) would be walking on Mars within a few years ?

Seriously, you are right. From next year when the shuttle ceases service, America won't even be able to put a man into space, let alone on the moon, and they'll have to rely for transport on the Russians if they want to visit the ISS.

Storminnorm
25th Apr 2009, 15:19
I watched the Chinese "Space" video.
Then had a good burp.
Then I had to watch it again!
Always the same after a Chinky-doo!!!

Roger Sofarover
25th Apr 2009, 15:29
And we still can't send man to the moon!

:hmm: I wonder why?:hmm:

G-CPTN
25th Apr 2009, 16:48
China's state news agency published a despatch from the country's three latest astronauts describing their first night in space before they had even left Earth.
The message from the Chinese astronauts was released before the mission had set off.
The Xinhua agency, which has sometimes been accused of carrying state propaganda, took down the story and blamed it on a "technical error".

kluge
25th Apr 2009, 17:23
Having lived and worked in PRC for over 15 yrs all I can add is that it is all entirely possible.

We live in "interesting times".

corsair
25th Apr 2009, 17:38
I can easily believe the Chinese are faking space footage. It is after all still a very unfree, restricted, undemocratic, quasi communist regime. The most revealing aspect of the footage are the floodlights seen in reflection. This is very poor, after all this isn't 1969, we have plenty of good software which can remove all traces of fakery, even obvious bubbles, tsk tsk:hmm:.

Despite Roger's continuing quest to prove the moon missions were fake. This almost proves otherwise, showing how difficult it is to fake stuff convincingly even with modern technology.

Incidentally none of this means the Chinese DID NOT make a spackwalk. It simply means they filmed a better version for TV. There is a long history of re-enacting battles and other events among Communist regimes. I suspect most footage of Stalingrad was re-shot later when it was safer. This could be an example of pre-enactment, to invent a term. Videod just in case the real footage wasn't up to scratch. The same could be said of the despatch from the astronauts published before they left the ground. How better to control what was said than by scripting it and recording it earlier.

That would be typical of the Chinese.

Roger Sofarover
25th Apr 2009, 17:52
Despite Roger's continuing quest to prove the moon missions were fake. This almost proves otherwise, showing how difficult it is to fake stuff convincingly even with modern technology.:confused::confused::confused:

What have I said now corsair?

corsair
25th Apr 2009, 18:56
I know I'm picking on you but hey you like to play devil's advocate and this is jetblast;)

Fitter2
25th Apr 2009, 20:21
vonbag

The return of the unscrupulous philatelist on deck

You should know philately will get you nowhere.

Juliet Sierra Papa
25th Apr 2009, 20:29
It would appear fake from that Vid. Slight thread drift sorry but can anyone tell me the name of the soundtrack playing in the background on the vid. :rolleyes: Been racking my brain but can't get it.

JSP

tony draper
25th Apr 2009, 20:40
Vangelis,1492 Conquest of Paradise,great soundtrack,:ok:one was playing it just this morning,and no yer can't have it.
:rolleyes:

WhatsaLizad?
25th Apr 2009, 20:43
Speed up the video playback by advancing the slider. The Solar panels seem to wiggle, a slow wave movement in real time. Must have caught a gust of "solar wind".

Interesting stuff.

tony draper
25th Apr 2009, 21:01
Always thought the term "Space Walk" was a bit daft,surely "Space Swim" would have been more apt, certainly seems to be in this case.
:)

con-pilot
25th Apr 2009, 22:44
They're not alone. I received a Reuters dispatch a few years back during an Ariane launch, complete with eyewitness quotes on the successful progress of the vehicle into orbit.

All revealed as a pack of lies when the rocket inconveniently blew up just after the Reuters hack hit the 'send' button.

True, but there is a major difference between a supposed Chinese Government conspiracy and a lazy reporter. :p

("Ah screw it, damn thing is going into space, I'm going for a beer before everyone else shows up. OOPS!!!!!!!!!!:\)

slf1955
26th Apr 2009, 03:43
I don't know why the indignation. If they can fake the Olympics broadcast of the opening fireworks, why is it difficult to believe they fake this? Same purpose right? I.e. "face" of the Chinese government.

Just give us more reason to be cynical, as after all, it's being done elsewhere for various reasons. Eg. remember the WMD in Iraq?

Desert Diner
26th Apr 2009, 05:49
I'de forgoten all about the chinese orbiting the earth until this thread!

I guess orbiting the earth and walking in space isn't quite what it used to be.

The real question is when will they invent Warp Drive:rolleyes:

Juliet Sierra Papa
26th Apr 2009, 21:00
Thanks tony,

At least I know what to search for now, thanks again :ok:

JSP