PDA

View Full Version : Bombers!

Buster Hyman
25th Apr 2009, 07:18
They all try their best, but they cant near as the Bombers fly up!!!

:E

Go Dons!!!

Keg
25th Apr 2009, 07:24
That's got to be about the most tenuous link to aviation that I've seen but what a cracker of a game! Good to see that the team playing Collingwood won. Even better that they beat them in the last ten seconds of the game. Hopefully that'll do some real psychological damage to the Pies. :E

WalterMitty
25th Apr 2009, 07:33
they are already psychologically challenged , though not as bad as their fans.:{:{:{:{:{

Mr.Buzzy
25th Apr 2009, 09:17
Bugger Off!.....Pies were robbed.... What is with a 30 minute last quarter???

Well done Bombers, to play that hard when looking at that time on the board took real mental strength. The best game I've been to!:ok:

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Buster Hyman
25th Apr 2009, 10:15
I was at the drawn game all those years ago Buzzy & I thought that'd never be topped...even watching the replay, I still don't know how they won it!!

bomberzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Fliegenmong
25th Apr 2009, 10:19
Victorians :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Lots up 'ere to take back with ya!!!:ugh::ugh::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Whiskery
25th Apr 2009, 10:23
Congrats Buster. A top game.

When are Eddy and Mick going to realise, if you criticise the Umps they will make you PAY!!!!:mad:

Fliegenmong
25th Apr 2009, 10:33
Crirtise the UMPS in Collins street, no need to try to export this rubbish to the great nation of Australia!!:ugh::hmm:

genex
25th Apr 2009, 10:55
Keg...

"...tenuous link to aviation?'

Have you no heart? No sense of history? The mere name Essendon is right up there with the front rank of foundation stones of Australia aviation....

It was a great game....Lovett reminds me so much of Michael Long....but that last two minutes was a bit too much of a heart stopper....hope the Club puts the game on DVD

Go Dons!

Unregistered1
25th Apr 2009, 11:01
The best post I have seen on PPrune for a while!!!!

GO BOMBERS

Eastwest Loco
25th Apr 2009, 11:32
I barrack for 2 teams.

The Mighty Blues and the team that is playing Collingmaggot.

Damned good game to watch and the favoured result for 90% of all supporters.

Do you know the difference between a Collingwood chearleader and a bowling ball??

You can only get three fingers in a bowling ball.:E:E

Best all

EWL

Buster Hyman
25th Apr 2009, 11:52
Ah Whiskery, long time no read!

Good to see the regular "punching above their weight" continues in this fine ANZAC day tradition. Really thought the pies had it towards the end.

Nice touch with the banner I thought as well.:ok:

Diesel Fitter
25th Apr 2009, 12:13
Great thread Buster. :ok:

This family's young digger was out from 4am to noon in his polys then spent the afternoon until the nailbiting final siren in his Bombers jersey.

http://www.orble.com/images/essendon-bombers-logo.jpg

Watch the Bombers fly up, up....................

Bumpfoh
25th Apr 2009, 13:08
Agreed any team beating the Pies deserves kudos it was a "riveting" (another loose aviation reference) contest.

Better than the one I just attended at ETIHAD (there's another one) Stadium which if you're a North Melbourne supporter was absolute rubbish.:{
Yes thats right the team that beat the mighty BOMBERS last week!!!!!:E

Capt Claret
25th Apr 2009, 22:01
Well, I know that The HAWKS can fly higher and betterer than the Bombers!

Feather #3
25th Apr 2009, 23:10
And here was I thinking this would be about the Lancaster bomber reported flying in the Wollongong area for the Anzac day flyovers yesterday.

Silly me.:ugh:

G'day ;)

Buster Hyman
25th Apr 2009, 23:52
Never seen a Hawk up as high as a B52 Clarrie. ;)

atminimums
25th Apr 2009, 23:59
zzzaaaahhhhaaarrrraaaakkkkiiiiiissssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ok:

Capt Claret
26th Apr 2009, 00:20
Never seen a Hawk up as high as a B52 Clarrie. ;)

Google's my friend.

Global Hawk set an endurance record for a full-scale, operational unmanned aircraft on Saturday, March 22, 2008, when it completed a flight of 33.1 hours at altitudes up to 60,000 feet over Edwards Air Force Base, Calif.

B-52 Stratofortress
Specifications
Primary Function: Heavy bomber
Contractor: Boeing Military Airplane Co.
Power Plant: Eight Pratt & Whitney engines TF33-P-3/103 turbofan
Thrust: Each engine up to 17,000 pounds (7,650 kilograms)
Length: 159 feet, 4 inches (48.5 meters)
Height: 40 feet, 8 inches (12.4 meters)
Wingspan: 185 feet (56.4 meters)
Speed: 650 miles per hour (Mach 0.86)
Ceiling: 50,000 feet (15,151.5 meters)

HAWKS win by 10,000'! :p ;)

The Voice
26th Apr 2009, 00:40
After getting all tissied up after the o'early o'clock get up for the service , all I wished for was a quiet little nap in front of the telly

HAH!!

no nap in this house ..

What a bloody fantastic result!!

Bombers rock!!

(bloody Hawk supporters .. fancy gatecrashing this thread!! :E )

Capt Claret
26th Apr 2009, 00:48
Being reigning PREMIERS, gives HAWKS supporters some licence. :8

Mr.Buzzy
26th Apr 2009, 01:04
I knew there was an aviation link in all this!

The RAAF band were spectacular yesterday. Did a great job but absolutely brought the stadium down with "The Pretender" Terrific Job band!!!!!

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Barkly1992
26th Apr 2009, 02:19
Malthouse is quoted today as saying that the Pies let the ANZAC's down.

What a clown!

Stationair8
26th Apr 2009, 02:27
Thankfully Collingwood and Malthouse weren't defending Australia in 1942!

At least Eddie will have something to moan about in the media for the next week.

CharlieLimaX-Ray
26th Apr 2009, 03:03
Premiership for 2009 Eddie?
Lock it in or phone a friend?

Buster Hyman
26th Apr 2009, 04:46
I could retort with the B2 Clarrie, but the actual ceiling is classified...so I'll concede to your drone.

drone1   /droʊn/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [drohn] Show IPA
–noun 1.the male of the honeybee and other bees, stingless and making no honey. 2.a remote control mechanism, as a radio-controlled airplane or boat.3.a person who lives on the labor of others; parasitic loafer.4.a drudge.

C441
26th Apr 2009, 10:00
I had no idea so many of our fellow Ppruners had such lofty standards.
How many posts I must have totally misread blinded through a lack of knowledge that so many of the astute, worldly posters to this forum share in the delight of

A MASSIVE BOMBER VICTORY

And just a reminder. What's better than beating Collingwood by 10 goals.....Beating them by 5 points with seconds to spare!!!:ok:

teresa green
26th Apr 2009, 10:53
On behalf of half of NSW and QLD what exactly is a bomber?

Buster Hyman
26th Apr 2009, 10:56
On behalf of the rest of Australia....oh, never mind, you wouldn't get it....too many syllables.

Eastwest Loco
26th Apr 2009, 11:10
And then of course - there are the MIGHTY BLUES

Those who support housing commission footy ( Union is NOT included in that) would not understand.

*sigh*

Best all

EWL

Marvin Martian
26th Apr 2009, 11:43
It's worth remembering that the Bombers current coach and indeed the previous coach were both former TIGERS. eat 'em alive yellow and black!!
O we're from Tigerland

MM

TWT
26th Apr 2009, 12:13
what exactly is a bomber?

Post # 13 should have given you a clue.

"Bombers"= Essendon Football Club (Yes,it's AFL)

Old Fella
26th Apr 2009, 12:27
Two of the greatest pleasures in life for me are seeing the Bombers (or any other team for that matter) knock over Collingwood and the South Sydney Rabbitohs (or again any other team) knock over Manly.
Go Bombers and the Bunnies !!!

Buster Hyman
26th Apr 2009, 23:02
:D Well done Old Fella...an educated League supporter!:ok:

Obie
27th Apr 2009, 00:22
...the only reason for this thread still being here is 'cause buster sucks up to the Mods! :ok:

skylarker
27th Apr 2009, 00:35
Seems to me if you discuss Kevin Rudd and his f/a incident its not aviation related and is therefor closed,but for some reason this is aviation related and allowed to continue.
Can a mod please explain this :mad:

Mr.Buzzy
27th Apr 2009, 01:02
Seems to me if you discuss Kevin Rudd and his f/a incident its not aviation related and is therefor closed,but for some reason this is aviation related and allowed to continue.
Can a mod please explain this

Stop your sooking.....Bumsniffer

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Whiskery
27th Apr 2009, 01:04
Nothing to do with aviation related skylarker.
What Kevin Dudd did to the Flight attendant was un Australian.

This thread is very much Australian!!! :ok:

skylarker
27th Apr 2009, 02:02
Mr Buzzy

F@#% Y@# :mad:

Ken Borough
27th Apr 2009, 02:19
Essendon should be charged with with burglary. After all, the stole the match right at the very end. That they finished with a wet sail is not a recipe for further victories. :{:{:{

Teal
27th Apr 2009, 02:28
Essendon should be charged with with burglary. After all, the stole the match right at the very end.I simply quote the Collingwood coach: "Good sides win games". So your own coach tells you that you are not a good side.

That's two in a row against Collingwood and three in a row against Carlton. Not bad....

(ANOTHER) MASSIVE BOMBER VICTORY

Buster Hyman
27th Apr 2009, 02:48
Obie...you should try one of those curly straws...that seems to do the trick. :ok:

No need to ask a Mod. Any time Collingwood loses is worthy of a thread.

teresa green
27th Apr 2009, 05:47
Silly me Buster, of course its that game where big blokes wearing their girlfriends shorts, leap around in some sort of chaos that could only be described as a sort of cross country basketball, with few rules that make any sense to most of the Eastern seaboard of this fine country. I think your world cup consists of (wait for it) Ireland??? and yourselves, we fully understand that there is not much to do down there and you have to amuse yourselves somehow, shame you people never took on the game made in heaven, aka Rugby, where a little intelligence is required, and the players completed first class. Go the Tahs!:D

Mr.Buzzy
27th Apr 2009, 06:17
where a little intelligence is required

Yep....not a lot of intelligence:ok:

Good to see that all is taken in good fun and humour. (with exception of Skylarker who is currently drafting a stern letter to his M.P:D Wanting to know why other kids didn't play with him when he was a boy!)

bbbbbbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Buster Hyman
27th Apr 2009, 12:47
Ah TG...I'm kinda glad they invented a game for blokes without necks. They don't have to turn their head at all do they? Just run up & down, up & down... Enjoy that English game of yours & the World Cups where other deformed people can run up & down, up & down... ;)

Anyway, here's the AFL's World Cup (http://www.afl.com.au/development/internationalcup/about/tabid/12174/default.aspx)for your edification...FFS! We even got a combined Israeli/Palestinian side in it!!!:eek:

(They all have visible necks by the way...)

Eastwest Loco
27th Apr 2009, 12:52
Afl and Rugby Union are the games they play in Heaven.

Rugby League is the game they play in Redfern.

Nuff Said

Best all

EWL

dghob
29th Apr 2009, 03:27
Hey Teresa - thanks for reminding us that league is actually still played anywhere - I doubt that attendances for the the whole NRL round last weekend would have even come up to the 90,000 that were at the g for Bombers & 'Pies.
Go Lions! (even if a bit unsteadily at the moment thanks to G Ablett & co.)
Well done Bombers but your dream ends this Saturday at the gabbatoir!

dghob

teresa green
29th Apr 2009, 12:14
Who mentioned league, though I do have a soft spot for the Roosters, when you blokes have 75 nations turn up for a world cup let me know, while it is only you and the Irish (says it all dosn't it) well what can I say, RUGBY UNION THE GAME MADE IN HEAVEN, the game for the thinking man, just keep it down south and we will all be happy.

Buster Hyman
29th Apr 2009, 12:26
75 Nations? Game for commoners then!:rolleyes:

;)

Who mentioned league
Is there a difference?:zzz:

;);)

dghob
29th Apr 2009, 22:56
Fair cop Teresa - you didn't mention league:ouch: But 75 nations turning up for Union? They wouldn't have had 75 fans turn up to watch would they? I guess you're right though about the Irish.
Cheers
dghob

Old Fella
30th Apr 2009, 01:31
TG, not all of them run around like Warwick Capper used to. I have a 20 year old grandson playing Toyota Cup in the NRL, a wife who loves Rugby Union and I reckon the AFL is as tough as any of them. They are all a darn sight tougher than that game called Soccer those Academy Award candidates play, where they kick it with their head. Oh, and KB, I reckon Essendon knocking over Collingwood was a better recipe for them to have more victories than Collingwood getting the "Colliewobbles" in the dying minute will do for their future.

Fly High BOMBERS !!!

Howard Hughes
30th Apr 2009, 03:13
How can anyone support a team called the 'Bunnies'?:}

teresa green
1st May 2009, 13:13
DGHOB with all due respect, of course 90,000 turned up, I mean what else is there to do, I suppose you could go to the beach??? at St Kilda, or perhaps a swim at Williamtown??? perhaps a coffee at Brunswick St, If I lived there I would go to, even if it meant twiddly tw$t to me. Us mexicans (perhaps not a word I should use at the moment) have so much to do we don't NEED to follow our teams with such fanatical zealous behaviour, of course we follow them with interest but we don't normally need to have our ashes spread on the oval (bit of a worry don't you think) or go on a drinking binge when we lose (we reserve that for weddings and divorces) though in your favour we must admit your state is not going broke unlike Q and NSW, perhaps that is due to the enormous amount of money going thru the turnstyles each week, so play on, it my be your saviour, in this mad world full of greed and some sort of bullsh$t flu, perhaps you people have the answer.

Going Boeing
2nd May 2009, 11:01
I see that at half time the Pride is tearing the baby Bombers apart. When Buster arrives in LAX & gets the score, he'll switch allegiance to RUGBY, the only game played in heaven. :D :D :D :D :D

Dixondik
2nd May 2009, 22:21
Yes, how did they go last night? Time for old frail Lloyd to retire.

Going Boeing
3rd May 2009, 01:34
AFL Results - AFL Scores - AFL.com.au (http://www.afl.com.au/results/tabid/11433/default.aspx)