PDA

View Full Version : Hf Frequencies

nz200lr
25th Apr 2009, 06:30
Hi all,

Does anyone know the Primary HF Frequencies for the Philippines, Kota Kinabalu (Malaysia) and Indonesia (Kupang, Ujung Pandang and Balikpapan)?? I am conducting a VFR ferry through the area at low altitudes (ie around 10,000').

I have a list of all the HF frequencies in the region from my Jepp docs however to have our HF radio calibrated to 15+ frequencies costs a lot of $ which of course my company isnt too keen on!

Any help, as always most appreciated http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

nz200lr

Silver Spur
26th Apr 2009, 11:49
My last flight through Ujung FIR was more than a year ago, it was 11396 Primary and 6556 Secondary, on one occasion, they gave me 8942 Secondary as well.

Before that flight, it was in early 2004 that I flew through Ujung FIR, and those freqs. were the same. So my guess is that it doesnt change.

nz200lr
26th Apr 2009, 12:17
Thanks Silver Spur

Do you know anything about the Lower level HF INFO Frequencies at all?

Regards

nz200lr

Silver Spur
26th Apr 2009, 12:41
I do not have anything for that I'm afraid. And those HF frequencies were used when I flew at FL350ish.. Haven't had any experience nor knowledge for low level flight HF frequencies.

I do assume that they should be the same right??

AGNES
26th Apr 2009, 18:28
Just talking about Manila, I think even Manila doesn't know what are the correct HF in its airspace. They will issue a NOTAM with several HF to be used, however, they will tell you another set of HF through the voice link, and they will change the HF quite frequent.

Good Luck!

nz200lr
27th Apr 2009, 01:41
just looking at my enroute charts there are the upper level HF freqs like the ones you have mentioned silver spur, however there are also HF 'INFO' frequencies for use below FL245. The problem is here that there is at least 5 different frequencies listed for each of kupang, ujung pandang, balikpapan and manila!!

Cubs2jets
27th Apr 2009, 02:20
nz200lr,

There are numerous (5, you say) frequencies listed as contingincies for tech problems and ATMOSPHERICS. The most apppropriate frequency should be assigned as you transit the area.

C2j

nz200lr
27th Apr 2009, 02:30
Thanks C2J

I am aware of the reasons for numerous frequencies, the problem is my operator does not want to shell out so much dosh to have 20+ frequencies calibrated to our HF. I would like to know the primary ones (one or two for each info centre) used for flight during the day as we will not be flying at night. I assume these will be the higher frequencies i.e 6 - 8 MHz and higher

EMB170
27th Apr 2009, 10:59
I'm not sure if you are aware, but HF transmition depend on the hight of the ionosphere which varies with the time of day, so there will always be different frequencies.
Not sure if you have access to Aerad Books, probably also in Jeppesen, it will tell you at which latitude and time of day it is most likely which frequencies bands are in use !
can't you select frequencies on your HF box?

regards and good luck

EMB170

EffinDodo
20th May 2009, 05:21
2998/6532/8903/13300 are commonly used. Funny thing is I can here them clearly approaching Guam from the US, but reception is pretty bad when I'm leaving Manila:}