PDA

View Full Version : Advice for CPP Application

kevinyvr
23rd Apr 2009, 22:52
Hi,

Been reading most of the posts here lately, but still not sure what to do with regards to applying to the CX CPP program.

I'm just about to finish my 3rd year in engineering with full intent on applying to the CPP program when I graduate. However, I'm also thinking about graduate studies as a back-up should my CPP application be unsuccessful. I was curious to know when the good time to apply is?

Sometimes, I've read here where people were able to defer their application as neccessary, so I was thinking of applying this summer when I don't have classes to see how I'd fare, and if successful, defer flight grading or if I do flight grading this summer as well, then training until after I graduate. Is a year deferral out of the ordinary?

I guess this would all be a moot point if I'm too late for interviews this summer, but I am living in Canada, so I guess my interview process would take about a month? If I were to apply within the next few weeks, after my exams, would it be enough time to go through the interview process fully before September?

Just to make things more complicated, I'm also currently looking for 12-16 month internships as part of the engineering program here in Toronto, so if I were to obtain a position, then my 4th year wouldn't start until September 2010, thereby potentially deferring my application even further.

Might be me :sad:, but I haven't been able to find an e-mail to HR at CX to ask about deferrals, so I decided to post here seeing whether people could answer any of my questions or direct me to someone who could. (All I could find was e-mails to their customer service for flights and stuff :p)

Anyways...thanks in advance to anybody if they have any insight or help they could provide to my questions or more.

holdmetight
24th Apr 2009, 01:06
kevinyvr,

check your pms.