PDA

View Full Version : Networking Advice

imarkd
23rd Apr 2009, 13:46
Hi Guys, I'm going to the FLYER exhibition this Saturday in London and while I'm there I'm hoping to get a few business cards. Please forgive me if you think this is a stupid question but what is the best way to network i.e. what should I be doing with these contact details? What should I be saying and asking? I don't want to be too forthcoming and give the wrong impression of myself. I'm hoping a few of you can pass on any worthwhile advice you may have, perhaps drawing on some experiences you had when you were starting out and looking at flight schools/airlines and what dialogue you had with them. Thanks in advance, Mark.

skyhighbird
24th Apr 2009, 12:18
Mark

I think you have some strange assumptions about the show - Like airlines there to give you brochures so better dress smart in case you go for an interview with them in a few months time or a few years time.

There will be no airlines recruiting straight out of FTC 250hr cadets! What you will find there are lots of Flight training organisations. All they care about is your wallet! So forget about wearing your best suit or getting a haircut. Just go there and take everything with a pinch of salt.

As for networking - trust me the day is not like that at all.

Brendonlee7
30th Apr 2009, 19:18
Signing up with a Pilot Board is one of the best ways to network. Share information, offer help to those answering questions, and you will receive help at some point as well; hopefully in the form of a Job. Mypilotnetwork.com is a great place to start.