PDA

View Full Version : Received an overseas call from Cathay after unsuccessful application

dagger19
23rd Apr 2009, 12:21
hello,

i was wondering if any of the unsuccessful applicants received an overseas call (i'm an overseas applicant) from cathay 1 week later after the interview. i was rejected at stage 1B. i got the email at abt 4pm ONLY after i've chased after cathay for my status at abt 3.30pm. in the call, they claimed they had sent d email at 8am.

anyway i went back to my hometown and got this call from cathay. they asked if i had received the unsuccessful email. i said ya and she talked abt maybe if i am interested i can improve myself and try again in 10 mths time. she also added tt when i reapply, i just follow the online application but to send them an email to highlight tt i had applied b4. anyway the email said only to reapply in 1 year time.

so i'm thinking this call is very suspicious. why would they want to make such call? i've a fren who failed stage 1b too but never got such calls. i'm suspecting perhaps the HR dept screwed up stg. cant think of a better reason for such a call.

i know its no pt talking but i just want to know the truth. so if anyone knows stg please shout! haha hope all the best for those april applicants. =)

capt_akun
23rd Apr 2009, 12:45
give them a call and find out.

your answer is just a phone call away

dagger19
24th Apr 2009, 05:17
any others got any advices? no one experiences this b4?