PDA

View Full Version : The Next, Next GMA

1500smooth
22nd Apr 2009, 08:35
Thought for the Day..............
The CX GMA in 15 or 20 years, is in all probability a F/O now and NOT signing COS 08!
If your under 40ish let’s not get to worried about RA55/65 just yet, he/she will sort that out for us in good time:rolleyes:

Beta Light
22nd Apr 2009, 08:50
Unfortunately he would also be a non AOA member.

EngineOut
22nd Apr 2009, 09:10
What about also the fact that HK will probably catch up with the rest of the world in terms of retirement age discrimination eventually, don't worry about RA65.

Don't throw away your BPP, the 55+ year olds signing over to CoS 08 will generate more numbers and earlier BPP, so in fact you will gain more by staying on CoS 99, while these guys sign over.

DO NOT SIGN CoS 08.

Air Profit
22nd Apr 2009, 15:15
The more I analyse the situation, it seems the obvious way forward for FO's is as follows:

1) Most Captains in their mid 40's or higher will probably sign. Most older FO's will also sign.

2) Anyone not in these demographic groups will be FAR better off not signing. We will have much greater numbers on BPP, and the eventual improvement in the present offer that will result. Win.

treboryelk
22nd Apr 2009, 15:20
Aiba bought up a point on another thread that vexes me, and i do sort of smell a rat here:

is there a way to keep FO's and SO's on COS 09 and not trigger bypass pay by those employed beyond their 55th birthday?

sirhcttarp
22nd Apr 2009, 15:35
Simple.

They CAT D everyone

that's the carrot (veiled threat) for taking SLS!

hongkongpilot
22nd Apr 2009, 16:54
Aiba bought up a point on another thread that vexes me, and i do sort of smell a rat here:

is there a way to keep FO's and SO's on COS 09 and not trigger bypass pay by those employed beyond their 55th birthday?

Have you asked the star chamber yet ?:cool: