PDA

View Full Version : Coverting to Australianlicense in the USA

stbloc
22nd Apr 2009, 02:31
Does any one know if their are any approved school in the USA where you can convert to an Australian license?

stbloc
26th Apr 2009, 03:53
Anyone know if the conversion can be done outside Australia?

Artificial Horizon
26th Apr 2009, 06:26
I am just doing my Australian conversion from a JAA Licence. As far as I am aware you have to do the training in Australia. Exams are all computer based an can only be completed at centres in Australia (maybe the Middle East occasionally as well) and the MECIR test has to be done in Oz as well. Good Luck.

Tinstaafl
26th Apr 2009, 19:06
There's no rule that says the training or testing has to be done in Oz. What is limiting is the availability of overseas schools that hold an Oz Air Operator's Certificate that allows flying training. Ditto the availability of Oz examiners.

The practicality of achieving the above isn't worth it for the potential market. The person or organisation would have to pay the cost of having a CASA FOI travel to inspect the organisation to get the original AOC issue (presuming there were no problems found forcing return inspections) and some amount of CASA inspections on whatever frequency they desire. All at CASA's hourly rate for such things.

Even with all of that done, there's a requirement for flight tests to be notified to CASA in advance so they can opt to monitor the test. That would have to be resolved too. Possibly would get approval for a certain number of tests, or maybe some tests must be done while CASA is doing its inspection.

Another option if for an Oz school to open a satellite base overseas. Still would have the CASA inspection & supervision issues written above.

All of that for how much of a market demand? And in which country(ies)?