PDA

View Full Version : Part 133 ops (External Load)

Semi Rigid
21st Apr 2009, 22:17
Alledged, waiting on the Minister of Transports desk for sign off is the scrapping of Part 133 to be replaced with Part 136. Operators cannot hold part 136 without a part 135. Effectively opens the doors in PNG for restricted category aircraft to be registered in PNG (read Russian) to carry out commercial operations.
Have heard New Zealand want to go down the same track & crush the wilting grip that the 'established operators' have by allowing ex. military machines/restricted category etc. onto the register.

Now before you shoot me down in flames here - just bear in mind that I have a very tenuous understanding on this subject or what is happening out there where the bureaucrats orbit & arrive at their conclusions - I think some of their ideas get concocted around a desk near Uranus. Comments, thoughts, elaborations...please share.

I just think this needs to be out there for discussion.

Gordy
22nd Apr 2009, 00:35
I assume you are not talking about FAA regs.

Te_Kahu
22nd Apr 2009, 23:24
Semi

I had the distinct impression that the opposite was the case. That following the heli-logging debacle CAA NZ wanted even further restrictions on the use of ex mil and restricted category helos.

TK

Granny
23rd Apr 2009, 03:32
Well isn't that what semi rigid is saying!-if you can't comply with Part 135 you cannot operate Part 136.

Te_Kahu
23rd Apr 2009, 20:06
Maybe I misread it. However, I cannot see this happening under the present regime at CAA NZ:

by allowing ex. military machines/restricted category etc. onto the register