PDA

View Full Version : how to become an airline rep at the airport

boeing747fan
21st Apr 2009, 19:12
rather than work for a ground handler at our airports, do anyone know where to find vacancies advertised to become an airline representative based at the airport. I am looking at the big carriers from likes of VS, LH, SQ, AF etc etc

Airline reps assist the ground handler in dealing with discrepancies at gate, at check in or any ticketing/ reservation queries.

thanks

groundhogbhx
21st Apr 2009, 21:20
It would be very unusual for these jobs to be advertised widely, normally positions are filled by insiders with the vast majority coming from said airlines handling agent as they know the systems and what goes on.

The exception would be a new airline at the airport when staff would either move from the other carriers looking for promotion or other stations for the same reason.

Which ever way it happens the chances of outsiders getting in are usually very slim if they exist at all.

TheMaskedDispatcher
22nd Apr 2009, 10:21
Airline reps HELP at the gate?!!

'Give me but a thousand men crazy enough to want to conquer hell and we shall . . give me but one airline rep and we'll be here arguing all day!'
:E

T-M-D

boeing747fan
22nd Apr 2009, 12:08
thanks folks.

I forgot to mention that i already work as a passenger service agent at my local airport. I also read an interesting article about a day in the life as a airport services officer.
It neednt be those carriers.. but you know what i mean.