PDA

View Full Version : What Are You Voting

RAT Management
21st Apr 2009, 14:47
Lets get an online poll going, with some insight!

Now please be honest. dont try to corrupt the result!
Please No Bickering.

Please provide Rank/ Approx Age/ SLS.YES or NO or Maybe/ Cos 08 YES or NO or MAybe/

Me first..

FO/ 30's/ SLS Thinking NO but still Maybe/ Cos 08 100% NO

GE90115BL2
21st Apr 2009, 14:49
need more info.

NEED a AOA Forum night to hear it all in the "town hall"

Come on AOA, call a meeting at the very least.

Ex Cathedra
21st Apr 2009, 15:25
No on COS 08; No brainer...

Need advice from AOA for the rest. CX has cut the grass below the AOA's feet. I have a feeling that there is some info that they cannot discuss through emails or website and would need to be passed from mouth to ear...

RAT Management
21st Apr 2009, 15:25
Thanks GE... so whats your vote!

Please start the vote!

Night Watch
21st Apr 2009, 15:26
FO in my 30's...... NO to SLS and NO to CoS08.

No matter what my mates say or what the AOA have to say (I'm a member) this is what I will be doing. I've had enough!!! I am sick and tired of having to fight for the contract that I signed! I just don't believe the company and all the bollocks.... enough is enough!

This is my way of making a stand.... and I can honestly say, if I get fired because of it... so be it! There is a reason why I have been doing another degree on the side. I love flying, but I'm not afraid to do something else. My wife and I are happy to live conservatively (spent my first 10 years in GA doing just that) until something else comes along.

Time to make a stand.... hope at least a few feel the same.

Night Watch
21st Apr 2009, 15:28
Ex Cathedra

So lets call an EGM on the matter.... I think it's a big enough deal to organise one within the next week. Thoughts?

Sqwak7700
21st Apr 2009, 15:28
I'm NO on both. There just isn't anything in it for me.

I don't care what the AOA says, in fact, after seeing their lame-ass response, I don't imagine I will stay a member for much longer. :yuk:

How can it be that they understand why the company is offering SLS, but that they don't agree. Sounds like a copout to me.

Negatory on both. Better yet, I'm just not gonna make a choice.

GE90115BL2
21st Apr 2009, 15:32
Nightwatch..............I agree, lets call an EGM.

This is too damn important to just let it slip by.

Ex Cathedra
21st Apr 2009, 15:37
So talking is definitely due... This basically came out of nowhere.

The first thing we should try to get is MORE TIME.

RAT Management
21st Apr 2009, 15:37
Squak.... Its not the victories the AOA has achieved that keeps them worthy. Instead its the obstacle they provide that has preserved our conditions. Without em we would be all screwed. I admit the company does not respect em but they have preserved alot of things that would have been removed if not for the AOA. Without them no BPP cases would be on for SO's and eventually FO's we would all be too scared to stand up. Please dont go off on the negative because the company has decided to abuse its power and bypas the AOA. Their hands were tied to some degree and this is the best they can do at the moment.

Keep the votes coming!

Rage Against The Management!

Sqwak7700
21st Apr 2009, 15:47
RAT, I would give you the by-pass pay issue if it was a done deal, but it is only just beginning. It hasn't even been close to being resolved, so it might be a little early to be high-fiving each other on that one. Agreed, it is a noble cause and I'm glad to see it fought, but far from over.

Regardless of cathay's opinion of the AOA, the union's response to all of this is lame. I'm not asking them to call for a strike or complete chaos, but a simple denouncement of SLS and COS08 for the pieco'o ****t deals that they are. A simple "these deals are not worth looking at, we do not endorse either one, we have seen no proof that the company is in need of subsidies from the labor force, so we recommend you vote NO on both".

Everyone knows that this is an individual choice, so the AOA does not need to give us a disclaimer on the matter.

I would be very interested to see how the president personally votes on the COS08 proposal. :hmm:

Flaps10
21st Apr 2009, 16:24
30's, S/O, No/No

Agreed about a meeting!

Vtwin
21st Apr 2009, 16:30
No on Coso8 and no on sls because I am old and need to save for retirement as I am approaching 50 in NAM.

JoeShmoe
21st Apr 2009, 19:45
Capt/ USAB/ already enjoyed my UPL...(damn, needed the time off). However, NO to COS 08

RAT Management
21st Apr 2009, 23:20
Thanks guys keep it coming

NoseGear
22nd Apr 2009, 00:15
S/O, 30(ish), No to CoS08 and No(altho maybe if I get it in one lot and a FIRM commitment that its payed back).....I, like alot of other S/Os have been royally screwed over re BPP, or the lack thereof, and now CX wants 2 weeks pay AND a sh!t deal with no BPP? There have been NO "assesments" in the last 5 months, despite "reassurances" that they would continue, our JFO upgrades are blowing out to nearly 4 years, Commands disappearing over the horizon, and we are basically being asked to pay for it....and before any Captains get on here and flame me, I have no problem with going to 65, I just dont think that this is the way to do it, having the junior crew esentially pay for the companys complete balls up over the years with the contracts.
Loyalty is a one way street it seems to mismanagement.:yuk:

And if your reading this NR et al....most of the S/Os Ive spoken with (straw poll) and new F/Os aren't signing up for this abortion either....well done:D

Bandito
22nd Apr 2009, 00:41
Couldnt agree more!

Hellenic aviator
22nd Apr 2009, 01:05
S/FO, Early 40's, Nyet to SLS, Nein to COS 08 or whatever other ridiculous COS **** they offer me.
I've had enough of their continuous lies. If they decide to fire me, so be it - Cathay is NOT the only airline out there and besides, I am fortunate that I have a degree in another profession that I can always return to.

To Tony, Nick and Richard, if you idiots are reading this, Hugs not Drugs.:=

If Management want to find extra money to preserve, start by making those responsible for your fuel hedges and cargo price fixing responsible for their actions.

Bograt
22nd Apr 2009, 01:23
Mister Poll: SLS/Cos08 (http://www.misterpoll.com/polls/430849)

Results here:
Mister Poll: SLS/Cos08 (http://www.misterpoll.com/polls/430849/results)

PatObrien
22nd Apr 2009, 01:36
SLS - OK, whatever...I was paid some extra bonus money in a good year, so now the company wants it back in a bad year, and if management is in it as well, so be it.

CoS 08. Look, the train has left the station on that one. We didn't stop it when it was offered to guys in 08, now it's the latest CX contract craze on the street. Are we expecting to improve our (Cos 99) contract conditions and leapfrog the 08 guys who took CoS 08 with our acceptance(so now WE get RA65 AND higher FO pay?). At least the Captain B scales are preserved, and the freighter seats - both left and right - will now pay higher salaries. Based FO's will take a pay hit, this is true, but this may be the opportunity cost of working 10 more years at 200K+. To me, this offer works - as I desire to NOT retire at 55, but I wish there was a better alternative offered and one that covers the entire pilot work force - BUT I DON'T SEE ANYTHING ELSE, NOR HAVE I HEARD ANYTHING BEING WORKED OUT! So........F*&^%$ Yes, now - but I'll wait a few days to see if the impossible happens (won't cost me anything, I hope). Now I'll go have another Hurricane.

boatboy
22nd Apr 2009, 02:08
Could not agree more with Night Watch.
F/O Mid 30'S.
NO & NO

Flap10
22nd Apr 2009, 02:11
I am completely perplexed as to why so many are even considering SLS. I don't care what your personal situation is, that's why we have annual leave. The situation now is completely different than what he had during SARS. Take SLS without any guarantees that it will all be paid back to you, and you are essentially sending the message "yes, I am overpaid". Talk about lowering the bar even further. This is nothing more than management wanting to exercise their control over you, power and greed at its finest!

Vtwin
22nd Apr 2009, 02:20
Flap10: Most other airline managements I am familiar with exercise their control over others by making them redundant.

Flap10
22nd Apr 2009, 02:40
Vtwin,

Well then so be it, if the situation is that dire make people redundant! The company would like you to believe that they are offering SLS to avoid redundancies, but that is complete B:mad:S:mad:! We all joined the airlines knowing full well the advantages and disadvantages that seniority brings.

Bograt
22nd Apr 2009, 02:42
^^^whs :ok:

BillytheKid
22nd Apr 2009, 03:45
Pat Obrien-

How do you know you will want to fly past 55 when you get there? That is a big price to pay just to have the choice. Furthermore, there is compound interest to consider with the money we would give up. 200k/yr from 55-65 only has a short time to earn on itself. An extra 100k at age 30 or 40 would have another 25 and 15 years respectively versus 10. Besides that, not all of us are trying to fund our retirements from our salary alone. Many have side businesses and could use CoS99 pay for capital.

1500smooth
22nd Apr 2009, 04:09
35yo F/O NO to Cos 08 and a maybe to SLS.

Anybody who tells me in 20 years I will have to retire at 55 is delusional. In that time frame if I hold a licence and a medical I will be alowed to fly...by LAW!!! COS 08 Has nothing for me except to give away any chance of bypass pay.

Thanks but no thanks....

raven11
22nd Apr 2009, 04:22
1500Smooth

Interesting post. I happen to agree with your points regarding age 55, anyone telling me that I need to retire when I turn 55 is delusional.

Isn't that what me and others have been saying for some time now? Only to be told by many of your colleagues to go to h*ll and leave at 55 so they can get promoted faster.

Although I'm not thrilled with the terms of going beyond 55, I now have the security of knowing the issue is settled and I can feed my family for several more years.

I'm 53, and a Captian. I will vote Yes and Yes.

PatObrien
22nd Apr 2009, 04:27

OK, what happens between now and 20 years that makes RA55 unactionable by CX, by law? Maybe I'll change my mind......

Billy, no problem with guys saying no - but be careful with the compound interest element in the decision matrix. Looks good in the lab, but real life is a whole lot different, especially over 20 years - and those rate of returns may be better in the late years looking forward from today. If CX is just a way to earn some cash in the near future while your side business develops, yeah you'll probably be out way before 55 to make that career happen, so staying on CoS 99 makes sense.

Dragon69
22nd Apr 2009, 04:45
I now have the security of knowing the issue is settled and I can feed my family for several more years.

I will vote Yes and Yes.

Expected nothing less from you Raven.

You'll happily take SLS while having problems feeding your family......:yuk::yuk:

sisyphos
22nd Apr 2009, 04:54
This whole discussion is pointless. Those who benefit from COS 08 will agree on it, those who don't won't. Simple.

Ex Cathedra
22nd Apr 2009, 06:42
In that time frame if I hold a licence and a medical I will be alowed to fly...by LAW!!!

I happen to agree with that too. The company has come up with at least 2 different contracts within the last 10 years, it's not about to stop. There will be other choices. The reason the company is so hurried to make us sign and saying that it's our last chance is precisely because they know it isn't...

Sysiphos:

Everybody doing what's in their best interest means CNs and SFOs going to COS08 and everybody else staying on COS99. This is actually detrimental to the company and beneficial to most of us.

There are many questions yet to be answered. The company wants us to make an irrational and uninformed decision. DO nothing until you are informed of the details pertaining to your case. Email the company to ask questions. They are receiving so many of them they can't answer them all. The FAQ they'll come up with will probably not cover everything that was asked.

I don't know about you guys, but I will not, I can not and I can't be expected to make a decision until all my questions have been answered...

raven11
22nd Apr 2009, 07:41
Dragon69....

Gee...Oh gosh darn, did I let you down?

By the way where have you been? We've been having a civil dialogue while you were away? Have you been busy with your facebook or MSN? Was there a rap concert in town?

Learn any more swear words while you were away? I mean...like...any really cool ones?

HeavyWrenchFlyer
22nd Apr 2009, 07:58
FO, late 30ish, NAM, NO SLS because of the threatening tone taken in company comm. to us, NO Cos.08 unless they do something about the severe paycut I'd have to take for the next 10 years as an FO.

PatObrian, B!^#ch I told you to wait until the last day and told you why!!! Now stop this crazy talk already! You dig?!?:rolleyes:

FOCX
22nd Apr 2009, 08:02
Raven, it's your call as to whether or not you agree to SLS/CoS 08 or any other change to your contract.

However, I think I saw you coming out of CX Coffee and it looked like you were crying, were they crocodile tears or were you laughing so hard at what you had just posted you cried?

I showed your post to my F/A gf, she didn't cry, but she did wet herself at the bit about having to go from A to B and still afford to feed your staving family!:}

Arcla
22nd Apr 2009, 08:28
Raven - actually you just voted yes. Once. No choice on SLS...:uhoh:

Beta Light
22nd Apr 2009, 09:03
If you could not plan retirement over +/- 20 years on the best package in aviation ( CX A scale) how will 10 years on a very average package improve your lifestyle.

Welcome to how the rest live

jetset
22nd Apr 2009, 09:14
I am with Pat.

I think it is pragmatic, unless you are

Based in NA

<35 almost anywhere

<35 and an SO in HKG

But if you are 40 plus and based in HKG then it might be better to have the option of RA65 for planning purposes.

So I guess I am yes. :{

Dragon69
22nd Apr 2009, 09:18
Raven11

Many times in the past you have blamed the B scalers for joining on conditions lower than yours and hence being the root of the problem.

Good to see that after 20+ years of flying as an A scaler, you no longer have any real fiber to retire with some sense of dignity, and will happily accept a B- salary. What an honorable and commendable chap you are.

Now run along, the GMA is waiting for his toilet paper.

PS:
Have you been busy with your facebook or MSN? Was there a rap concert in town? Learn any more swear words while you were away? I mean...like...any really cool ones?
WHAT THE FU:mad: ARE YOU ON ABOUT?????

raven11
22nd Apr 2009, 10:56
Dragon

If you actually read my posts instead of losing your temper and posting like a child (that, BTW, is what I was getting on about) you would have gleaned that I don't blame the B scalers (unless I'm responding to insults from said group...like the two posts on this page from you for example). In fact, I have consistently asked for unity...the kind of unity that posters like you unwittingly fracture!

Now I ask you Dragon69, are you happy with the lack of unity that people like you have perpetuated, and where it has brought us?

So, just to be clear, Dragon.....I blame you!

Now you run along and ponder that! And please stay away from any keyboard while you're pondering!

2longhk
22nd Apr 2009, 11:35
No to Cos 08, no to SLS.

Why, because for the past 3 months CX has been "negotiating" on bs whilst secretly planning to implement this the whole time. Anytime the mouth is open it is a lie.

Don't trust them, don't like them, and end at end of the the day I know I am a far better employee than any of our managers even if I don't sign for SLS.

How they can use loyalty and threaten there staff in the same sentence boarders on criminal. Where is the CAD,law when it comes to intimidation.

Young B-scale Captain.

piesang
22nd Apr 2009, 11:51
Every new manager wants to make a difference, and I expect to see a few new faces before I retire. They will either find another way to offer RA65 or the LAW will force them. I'll take my chances! NO/NO
SO/30's.

M89speedtouch
22nd Apr 2009, 12:04
Well said 2longhk&piesang. Unfortunately a great company held back by a track record of pathetic fltops management. No/No.

saikung
22nd Apr 2009, 13:33
I would be great if this Thread had a couple of hundred of our guys writing in it. Unfortunately its the same names reappearing. Out of 2500 crew thought there would be more oppinions

I've seen it all before. Most people will sign, a % won't and their careers will go nowhere in CX. They have long memories, believe me I've experienced it first hand.

Sorry, but that's the way it's been over the years.

Do what's right for yourself and your family long term, It's the only way. Dont believe people when they tell you how they are going to vote

geh065
22nd Apr 2009, 14:24
I am certainly leaning towards No at the moment, although it would be great to get a bit more info about all of this. You would think that the company had it all sorted before dropping this on us at least!

canuckster
22nd Apr 2009, 14:32
They're not sorted - half assed as always. They're hoping the pilots will be silly enough. In the past they haven't been disappointed.

Flaps10
22nd Apr 2009, 15:52
Unless you are 54 and set to retire soon (like you had always planned) why don't you hold out, say NO to COS08 and force the company to come back with a better deal? It blows my mind that so many are willing jump at the first opportunity to do the same job for less than what they currently make.

CX will need RA65 once the economy rebounds and we go through another pilot shortage. Lets turn the table and make them give US something in good times rather than continually trying to take from us when times are tough.

Funny that the guys so quick to jump on us younger crew for joining on lesser conditions than they did are now the ones willing to sell their souls for a contract which is BAD for most crew members.

Unity!

Sqwak7700
22nd Apr 2009, 17:27
Funny that the guys so quick to jump on us younger crew for joining on lesser conditions than they did are now the ones willing to sell their souls for a contract which is BAD for most crew members.

Now that, is the best sentence I've seen in these boards. How true my friend, how true... We've come full circle. The real freaky part is that the A scalers will soon be on C scale (COS 08) and bitching that B scalers should not get a raise before them... :hmm:

The lesson in all of this is that we all live in glass houses, so maybe we should all put the rocks down and make sure that we look after the glass. :D

FCOM4
22nd Apr 2009, 22:15
FO in my 30's...... NO to SLS and NO to CoS08.

EXEZY
23rd Apr 2009, 14:14
STC 60, NO and NO.......joking naturally.

yokebearer
23rd Apr 2009, 14:37
This is the biggest F@$#%@$^ joke ever.

So you stay on COS 99 or you go 08 - who knows what happens to your housing - I don't. Who gets bypass - guys on base, guys in HKG? SO''s ? Who generates bypass - who doesn't?? What happens to freighter commands out of seniority?? Who has claim on a base? Unified FO - who gets it - when? Whats this clause about being fired for no reason? And this mumbling rambling about Captain 1 - 3 getting no incrememnt till its 5 % below some other pointless number?

Did they get the guy who designed Airbus ECAM messages to think this up??

These are all CLAIMED to be NEGOTIATED IN PRINCIPLE? What the F does that mean? Can I see the PAPER please where is written DOWN?

What am I signing up for when I tick a silly box in Crew direct?? I have NO CLUE. Neither does the AOA and neither does the company. We 'll just all make it up as we go along right?

Even the Zimbabwean government is more clear than this lot when they tell you what exactly they are taking off you!

I have never ever seen anything this unclear and ridiculous in my life. Lets just make decisions worth millions on the basis of the AOA forum and some GC member's speculative ramblings.....

I am sorry but my mouse is broken and I can't click a box till its all clear....

Oval3Holer
23rd Apr 2009, 15:37
Yokebearer, freighter commands are not "out of seniority" just because they are taken by someone lower on the seniority list than a passenger Captain. They are lower in seniority because they are less desirable. That is not "out of seniority." That is EXACTLY how seniority works at any airline: the less desirable, lower paid, crappier jobs go to those lower on the seniority list.

Stop propagating the use of this divisive term "out of seniority." It serves no beneficial purpose for the pilot group, only one for the company.

Flaps10
23rd Apr 2009, 15:46
Less desirable because the company makes it that way on purpose. Reality is you are still a captain on a B747-400 with CX. Passengers or freight...whats the difference? Pay should be the same...

iceman50
23rd Apr 2009, 16:56
3 wrong assumptions and you are not the only "youngster" that does it.

1. There are MANY B scalers approaching the magic age and to sign over to COS08 it is NOT a pay cut!
2. You will never force the company to come back with a better deal, it is there train set. You would no doubt have preferred all these pesky extendees to have been sacked, perhaps you will now get redundancies instead. Don't wish something on someone else it may happen to you.
3. I and, I am sure, many others did NOT plan on retiring at 55, why should we when we enjoy flying and don't give me the I should go and find a contract job somewhere, if you think that is a good career choice you can do it.

raven11
24th Apr 2009, 01:41
Well said Iceman50.

"A scalers extended on their current terms"??? "Jobs for the boys"???

What's that all about??? Are there no B scalers in training? Are there no B scalers approaching 55 who want/need to work?

Just what is with some of you guys? Every pay cut suffered by A scalers is spun into some kind of sneaky conspiracy theory about the A scale conniving with the Company in some back room deal to stick it to the B scale.

Some of you guys need help...I mean really...enough!

Maybe after May 10th, when the B scale is alone at the top of the food chain...you'll have a better idea of what I mean. The A scale straw man disappears on May 10th!

Maybe, we can all finally grow up and put the whole A scale/B scale thing behind us, unify for goodness sake, and lobby as one. That's what's been missing from the AOA.

We need to unify and direct our valid complaints in the right direction, and not at each other.

Your call boys and girls!

Numero Crunchero
24th Apr 2009, 01:48
If morale was better and/or training paid better, we would have too many applicants instead of needing to extend guys just to keep the numbers up. I don't know who in management worked it out but it was quite clever of them to only offer pax terms to C+T extendees. The way things were going the 400 would have been almost 100% extendees for C+Ting in another couple of years - brilliant really. Terms and work so bad that only the truly dedicated or desparate take the job!

So it might look like an A scale conspiracy - its not. Its all about the company not being sued for age discrimination - if it wasn't for pesky BPP they would have done this ages ago. Now that the GFC has put fear and uncertainty into the minds of FO/SOs they will get a much higher uptake than they would have say a year ago. Ironically, the GFC and resultant slowdown will actually increase their BPP liability and so FO/SOs that sign over will be foregoing more now than if they had signed a year ago, based on conditions at the time!

Don't watch the hand with the knife(redundancies/SLS), watch the one slipping into your wallet pocket(BPP/B scales for 55+)

Numero Crunchero
24th Apr 2009, 01:52
No to CoS08 and probably No to SLS - still deciding!

Some How I'm Tired
24th Apr 2009, 04:07
For pilots approaching retirement (50ish+) who want to stay on - by all means sign up to CoS08 IF YOU ARE HAPPY WITH THAT DEAL.
For those of us not in that position, stay on CoS99. You will keep your existing conditions and entitlements, and Bypass pay will happen faster (due to all categories of pilots extending, not just C&T's).

It seems that we get a new iteration of CoS about every 5 years. If that is the case, by the time most of us come up to age 55, there should be a new CoS anyway - and I'll bet my leftie that age 65 retirement will form part of all future CoS change proposals. Anyone that believes that "this is a one time offer" needs their head read. That line was just put in to scare the borderline people into taking the new contract NOW. It also seems that it will eventually become Government legislation - again a win (per se), as you will be able to keep CoS99 to age 65! Easy decision for me to not sign up to CoS08.

SLS - I will be considering taking it based on what I believe is a well informed AOA GC recommendation. However, I will not take it until the last minute, after all negotiations and debate is finished.

treboryelk
25th Apr 2009, 13:16
cos 99 without question (unless things change dramatically for COS 08).

SLS.....intend to, but wont sign til last minute.........3 weeks of salary is a sacrifice i am happy to make rather than face swires long memory at some stage.....and i think i will get it back, so hoping not a sacrifice

Sqwak7700
26th Apr 2009, 02:24
...it is there train set...

I'm so sick of hearing this crap! Who came up with this? It is so inaccurate.

First of all, the "train set" is not theirs, it is a publicly traded company, so the train set technically belongs to shareholders - which includes me.

Second of all, the train doesn't move and is pretty much worthless without the employees that operate it, which also includes me, in the crucial role of knowing how the train operates to go from A to B.

Management is the least important piece of the puzzle. Keep in mind that if they disappeared tomorrow, the airline would keep operating for quite a few days before anyone would take notice. That is not the case for pilots, cabin-crew, engineers, airport handlers, drivers...etc.

And last, it is not a train set at all. A train set is a hobby, it does not generate revenue and is there just for show and entertainment. We provide an essential service and generate lots of revenue, not just for the company, but for HK in general.

So do me a favor and start putting things in perspective, assume a little responsibility and stand up straight. Remember that management is still responsible to the shareholders.

markontop
26th Apr 2009, 03:15
Well said!:D Too much "stockholm syndrome" going on around here.

yokebearer
26th Apr 2009, 04:14
No to COS 08. Maybe a yes to SLS purely because of their threats. But considering how they have destroyed my career path in the last few years I might just be angry enough to say stuff that and No to SLS too.

iceman50
26th Apr 2009, 04:33
SQAWK7700

Wow you are a shareholder and just who do you think is the MAJOR shareholder?

The Management as they see it are working for the benefit of the shareholders by reducing costs!

As for the rant on "train sets" grow up are you just a little bit scared of what might happen to you? Your comment on management can just as easily apply to you as an individual.

Dragon69
26th Apr 2009, 05:25
you're one pathetic individual iceman. something tells me you were one of the first to sign up for SLS and CoS08 while the ink hadn't dried yet :yuk::yuk:

Sqwak7700
26th Apr 2009, 09:02
Maybe a yes to SLS purely because of their threats

That sounds so valiant...

Wow, I actually just threw-up a little bit in my mouth. :ugh:

yokebearer
26th Apr 2009, 14:12
Thanks Squawk.

So do you honestly think anybody will take SLS because they want to help out?? No chance. Every single pilot who takes it will take it because they feel threatened if they don't.

Now swallow it.

Sqwak7700
26th Apr 2009, 15:09
So do you honestly think anybody will take SLS because they want to help out?? No chance. Every single pilot who takes it will take it because they feel threatened if they don't.

My objection to your post is not that I disagree that some will take SLS due to fear. I agree with you in that opinion.

My nausea was caused by your spinelessness. You agreeing that you are taking the SLS due to fear. At what point will you stand up and fight for your conditions? What is your limit? Seriously, at what point will you stand up against a deterioration in your conditions?

Now swallow it.

Well, I hate to be the one to tell you this, but by the sounds of your posts, you have made it very clear that the one that is gonna "swallow it" is you.

You might as well get used to the taste because there will be plenty more coming your way, and make sure you bring mints when you fly with me.

AvGaurd
26th Apr 2009, 15:36
F/O NAM MID 30's Yes to SLS Hell NO to COS08

Sqwak7700
26th Apr 2009, 16:04
F/O NAM MID 30's Yes to SLS Hell NO to COS08

Looks like the distraction worked...:hmm:

AvGaurd
26th Apr 2009, 17:21
No distraction I'll help the company but not give up what was promised to me.

Sqwak7700
27th Apr 2009, 00:52
No distraction I'll help the company but not give up what was promised to me.

You are giving up your salary, I'm pretty sure that was promised to you. :ugh: And in the process of spreading them for the SLS grapefruit, you are opening the door for the big tamale that will surely follow.

They are not asking for help, they are just taking advantage of you. There is a very big difference. If they don't take advantage of your conditions, then it means no bonus for them in the future. You would do the same if your bonus / salary depended on it.

Talk to guys that where here arround SARS - that was the company asking for help. 10-15% load factors were real. Aircraft parked at the airport was real.

Today we are leaving people behind at the gates, we don't have enough crew for rostered flights, and the load factor is arround 90-100%.

Oh yeah, I forgot, the "yields" are low. :hmm: So low, that the whole industry in Asia is suffering....except Air China, who is profitable the first quarter of 2009...and Xiamen airlines, as well as Shengzen Airlines, but don't look at that, they are in a complete different market....that is litteraly withing a 25 mile radius of us... :ugh::yuk:

Quick, look at the news, "Swine Flu" is the new big scare. Forget the economy, that is so 2 mintues ago. 10bucks says we hear of Swine Flu affecting our yields on Friday. Place your bets boys. :rolleyes: