PDA

View Full Version : Air Canada and Canadian Pilots merge

PACDA
2nd Apr 2001, 01:07
Total Pilots 3500.

Category 1
The first 609 pilots from Air Canada to be integrated with the first 203 pilots from
Canadian in a ratio of 3 to l.

Category 2
The next 1271 pilots from Air Canada to be integrated with the next 818 pilots from
Canadian in a ratio of l.55 to l.

Category 3
The next 300 pilots on the Air Canada list to be integrated with the next 100 pilots on the
Canadian list in a ratio of 3 to l.

Category 4
The final 137 pilots from Canadian who were not on the property at CAIL until l997 or
later.
Any pilots not on the mainline property before January 4th, 2000, shall be integrated at the end of the list on the basis of their arrival date on the mainline property. A method will be agreed upon between the Associations to determine relative seniority among pilots with the same flight staff employment date. Failing such agreement, the matter shall be referred back to me for determination.

Airbubba
2nd Apr 2001, 04:30
Looks pretty favorable for the Canadian pilots, considering the alternative of unemployment...

No seat protection or fences on this one?

PACDA
2nd Apr 2001, 05:17
No A330/340 for Canadian pilots till 2006.
Postion protection on DC9's and B737's.
Not great for the mid to junior Canadian Pilots(loss years of 10 to 17).
Chow
AC Pilot

Tan
2nd Apr 2001, 17:01
Hey Airbubba

I sure agree with your opinion, but to listen to the Canadian (CAI) pilots, one would think that the world owes them a living. They need to have a reality check...

PACDA
2nd Apr 2001, 21:03
I sure agree with your opinion, but to listen to the Canadian (CAI) pilots, one would think that the world owes them a living. They need to have a reality check...

I was a Canadian pilot, after going thru 6
mergers and flying for an Airline that
lost money every day I don't need your
smart ass remarks!

6000PIC
3rd Apr 2001, 13:33
What a mess, I think I`ll sit this one out....I`m quite happy working overseas on tax free $$ and I feel sorry for my flying collegues in Canada.....the Canadian aviation industry is in turmoil and will continue to be for the foreseeable future. Good luck fellas. You guys deserve stability , success and MORE MONEY.

Tan
3rd Apr 2001, 14:35
Pacda

I am entitled to my opinion, regardless if you agree with it or not.

If your horse was hooked to the wrong wagon that was your choice, not mine....

Hopefully your fortunes have changed. Get on with your life.