PDA

View Full Version : Question for Jetstar domestic pilots

AllInGoodTime
21st Apr 2009, 13:47
Can a Jetstar pilot answer this question. Are all domestically based Jetstar pilots back home every night or do you have to do overnights.

Its the Pleats
22nd Apr 2009, 01:46
Yes, home every night with a few exceptions. If another base is short of drivers you might have to do a couple of days out of there. Or, you might have to ferry somewhere, overnight then pax back in the morning. Or, the back-of-the-clock trips which means you are at work at night instead of at home!

There also are some overnight trips rostered but these will stop once the DRW and PER base are stabilised - how long that will take for DRW is anybody's guess!

Hope this helps...

Ultergra
22nd Apr 2009, 03:08
Question was: Are you home every night..... saying, yes but with exceptions, is clearly a no. If you are not home EVERY night, then you are not home EVERY night... no point saying "yes, home every night" if you have to do back of the clock flights, filling it at other ports or doing ferry flights... cause then... are Jetstar pilots home every night?

:ugh:

Atlas Shrugged
22nd Apr 2009, 03:38
There's always one isn't there.....

Carambar
22nd Apr 2009, 03:38
You beat me to it Atlas!

Capt Claret
22nd Apr 2009, 03:45
I'd heard rumours recently of less than happy campers amongst the Cairns based crew, because their home each night rosters had changed (allegedly) to multi-day trips.

Capn Bloggs
22nd Apr 2009, 04:16
Watch those alleged rumours Clarrie.

Its the Pleats
22nd Apr 2009, 06:01
Good point. No, you are not home EVERY night. You might not sleep in your own bed (by choice:)) 4 times a year, some more some less.

Lookleft
22nd Apr 2009, 12:36
Depends on where you are based, if you are in Newcastle then there are no scheduled overnights except for sim and ground courses. If you are in Melbourne then you get at least 4 nights away a month. Even with the Darwin and Perth bases you still can get sent away to cover flying in other bases.

Don't put the overnight bag at the back of the shed yet.

Karunch
22nd Apr 2009, 21:18
Don't put the overnight bag at the back of the shed yet.

Nor enter a property lease agreement. If home is a caravan, & the Jq package should afford you a top of the line Jayco, then there is every chance you'll be home most nights.

Cravenmorehead
22nd Apr 2009, 23:19
I personally like overnights. Gets me away from the wife kids and the gardening.

slice
22nd Apr 2009, 23:55
CNS based crew have had five/six day trips going through Singapore.

Mr. Hat
23rd Apr 2009, 11:56
Overnights are good love em. Cash, some space for mrs hat whats not to like!