PDA

View Full Version : Process of validating an SACAA licence for Nigeria 5N

Propellerpilot
20th Apr 2009, 16:03
Hi -I need some information what needs to be done to validate a South African CPL or ATP in Nigeria to fly on the the 5N register ? Do they accept South African licenses at all ? Would be so cool if it is just an airlaw exam.

I only found some old threads which have information on FAA or JAA -> Nigerian validation processes.

Any info is much appreciated.:ok:

TonyWilliams
20th Apr 2009, 16:39
Your country's CAA needs to send the verification (validation) directly to the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority at the following email address:

[email protected]

Then take the air law.

Propellerpilot
20th Apr 2009, 16:48
Ah cool - so it is that simple. Do they treat every ICAO license the same then ?

Der absolute Hammer
20th Apr 2009, 17:02
Why do you not telephone CAA in Fountain Park-or whatever - and talk with licencing. I think that there have been Nigerian pilots flying at FALA on SA validations so possible that the SA/CAA know about some reciprocity arrangement? I think that the woman who maybe did that validation had a very German sounding name and the initials...SS!
Not to say any more of course on that score!

Propellerpilot
20th Apr 2009, 17:06
Will give them a call 2morrow during business hours :)

mtoroshanga
21st Apr 2009, 18:02
Have worked there for years, there are many people flying who came in with South African licenses, (I have one myself.) Expect to do Air Law, on computer with quick results. Very professional.