PDA

View Full Version : Where is the Flush Bid

Saturn
20th Apr 2009, 14:22
I think we should have a massive flush bid so every one now has the chance to go where they want to go. A lot of folks could not get the base they wanted and now most are closed. There should now be not only a one of time to sign to COS 08 but also a one off time for every one to bid a base ANY BASE and it goes by pure seniority regardless of COS 99 or 08.

Yes, sadly I know this will not happen. I am now getting the impression this "New Deal" is a real screw job. We probably should all say NO. I will wait for the AOA's letter though. April 30th also is way too soon for a decision although I think really applies to the SLS no? Man what a mess. We now get to pay for all the mistakes of the past few years.

To the AOA: You guys better have your ducks in a row on this one or there will no longer be an AOA. I'll resign to if we don't get some protection.:ugh:

Ex Cathedra
20th Apr 2009, 14:27
I am now getting the impression this "New Deal" is a real screw job.

What, just now?... Took you long enough.;)

Sqwak7700
20th Apr 2009, 14:35
To the AOA: You guys better have your ducks in a row on this one or there will no longer be an AOA. I'll resign to if we don't get some protection.

This is a personal decision, it is up to you to defend your career and profession. The AOA can't do ****t about this.

Lucky for you, the solution is simple; No on COS08 and No to SLS. Very simple, you remain on status quo. So what is everybody getting so worked up about? Nothing changes, so the only people that should be sweating this out are people who turn 55 within a year, they are the only ones that could gain something from this if they hope to stay on past 65.

Never accept anything from anyone who tells you to act now. Anybody that wants you to sign on the dotted line now, is full of ****t and only trying to "pull a fast one on you" - where do you think the expression comes from? :ugh:

I thought pilots where supposed to be smart, not to mention ballsy. What a collection of nut-less wonders among us. :ugh:

Flaps10
20th Apr 2009, 14:51
I disagree that there is nothing that the AOA can do.

It's my belief that if the AOA were to tell all it's members to say no to COS08 and to SLS, most will do just that followed by many of the non-members as well.

The AOA can help to create UNITY which is what most of us desire and have gone without for so many years. Without unity many will cave and sign over because they don't want to be (or think that they are) one the "FEW" who say no. If we all join together for the better of the group the company will be forced back to the table and perhaps will take the time to hear what we have to say. Bitching in the back rooms has gotten us nowhere. Perhaps it's time for a stand.

Being selfish, I think that redundancies are the only way to go. Clear out a lot of the mess that has been created over the past year and a half and give those who truly deserve it a chance at the base that they have paid their dues for.

Westcoastcapt
20th Apr 2009, 14:56
As usual, people are running around in tight circles, listening to pilots who have absolutely no idea what they are talking about.

Remember CX cannot force a contract on you unless you agree in writing. On the other hand, every company in HKG is facing problems with this current recession. Some are laying off, and others are just outright cutting salaries. Others are just closing their doors.

It will be difficult to garner any support in the current climate as many are faced with the same challenges. As is typical of CX, they will always try to facilitate a change, read COS 08, with a genuine call for help from their employees.

Take the SLS but choose to stay on the same contract. Nothing changes and you get a well desrved break. Moreover, CX's hands are tied as you played the good employee card.

Falconette
20th Apr 2009, 15:23
At the end of the day, most pilots will sign on. They may gripe about it in the bar and blow lots of hot air, put others up to be tough and hang on, but they will fold and sign up. The "brave ones" will be caught holding the bag and wondering where everyone else has gone ... :(

Sike
20th Apr 2009, 16:57
I agree W.C.C. Take the SLS and stay on COS'99. Why should anyone sign on a pay cut? They need to add some $$'s to COS'08 and a "flush bid" for me to sign over.

climbout
20th Apr 2009, 17:55
What's happening, if the economy downturn continues, and SLS is not 'enough'? As NR said, Last In, First Out- means: the Extendees are protected by RA 65, SO/DE-FO are the first leaving the company..
...work to age 65: Extendees signed many years ago a contract to retire at 55, and can now work till 65.., CX will be forced by law to offer 65 RA ,there is just no need to sign 08!

Sqwak7700
21st Apr 2009, 03:55
Westcoast and Sike, you both need to grow a pair. Take the SLS?? How quickly you roll over and spread them... :yuk:

Take nothing, that is what I am for. I don't give a crap if I have 2 or 2000 standing next to me. At least I have my dignity and made a stand for my profession.

Time to stop the cycle that started when everyone rolled over after the 49ers. The abuse will only stop when respect is put back into the equation. Clearly, some people are just not up to the task. :hmm:

Someone needs to punch you both in the fleshy patch that used to house your marbles.

Westcoastcapt
21st Apr 2009, 04:39
My inarticulate friend, Sqwak7700

Sadly there were a lot like you that ranted on and on anonymously but in the end were the first to turn and run. They talked quite a story, anonymously of course, and issued a lot of hollow threats. It seemed the smaller, in all respects, the bigger the rant. The end result, they fired 49 good pilots. And of course, where were you then. Hiding under a rock.

Get a life, or at least a hobby. I'm going to enjoy my time off!

Sqwak7700
21st Apr 2009, 07:10
Correct! Inarticulate, as in un-willing to bend...over, like you. :ok:

Enjoy the time off? How naive of you to think that the SLS is gonna mean time off. They have until April of 2010 to assign it. Lets see, if you really are a Captain, that means 28 days divided by 12... so enjoy your 2.4 days off a month, I'm sure that they won't work-stack you so that it is imperceptible that you actually have leave.

I was wrong in saying that you are a coward with no balls. Turns out, you're just not that bright. :ooh:

Westcoastcapt
21st Apr 2009, 14:30
Sqwak7700,

Just like I said, inarticulate.

You need a hobby. Perhaps you should try reading.

RAT Management
21st Apr 2009, 14:40
WCC and SQ7700.... Thanks for the entertaining Banter.

Looking forward to some real directives from the AOA.

I agree about NO to COS 65 and I am in that camp.
I think No to SLS would also send an appropriate message that the company has belittled us too far with this combined offer.

If they want SLS approach us witha real proposal like give now and we will give it back at the next record profit!

As for Cos 08 I realize there was aline at the door for this for some time, but just so long as the majority stays put, that would b great! Besides I like little guys with big egos... the grumpy old men syndrome gives interesting talk on long sectors!

As for direct entry captains and last in first out after the 30th, well they did join last so if the situation continues to decline they will be the first out.... If it actually gets to that..... I dont think so!