View Full Version : Emirates and Pelesys!!

pintofstella
20th Apr 2009, 13:36
Whats with all the pelesys enrolment today. 4 bl##dy courses inc a new one never seen before titled "Hot weather course", what a joke and that course definatley is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pool
20th Apr 2009, 14:04
download MyMousev4.3 and lead their crap ad absurdum

linedriva
20th Apr 2009, 14:40
4 courses? I was only issued 2. Maybe it's another secret Captain thing!!!:)

Ketek400
21st Apr 2009, 05:03
I find it helpful to refresh. I am sorry but I need them to help me refresh....I am a lazy lazy person

pool
21st Apr 2009, 10:36
Pelesys

Sounds like a Freudian bad character syndrome.
Just a$$ covering for the guys who have contracted it.

:yuk:

PositiveRate876
21st Apr 2009, 11:44
Is this avalanche of course enrollments a replacement of the traditional recurrent every 6 months. As in, do one chapter a month instead of 6 all at once.

Or is this something additional to the normal recurrent?

BigGeordie
21st Apr 2009, 11:59
It's additional to the normal recurrent. If the company thinks this stuff is important they should teach it properly, with opportunities for discussion and questions. As it is this is just a box ticking/mouse clicking exercises which teaches nothing.:ugh:

PositiveRate876
21st Apr 2009, 13:43
I need to hire a secretary to clean my inbox and operate the mouse.
What's with all the corp comm msgs that come in dozens every morning like the milk man?

Sheikh Your Bootie
1st Jun 2009, 09:15
The latest course has just landed, great news is you can just click randomly around the course and it completes itself.

What a bunch of crap!

SyB :zzz:

dooner
1st Jun 2009, 14:34
did the new MNPS one this morning, after reading the Company preamble, the whole thing took 51 seconds to read the 9 slides ( I actually did read each slide and did time it), hope they will all be like this in the future since their here to stay make it easy on yourself.

It is possible to go through the 9 slides in under 10 sec, 15 if you stop to have a passing glance:}

Cheers

Dooner:ok:

Plank Cap
2nd Jun 2009, 12:37
75 seconds, start to finish. Not a record time, I blame my lousy internet speed.........

halas
2nd Jun 2009, 13:54
l particularly enjoyed (:yuk:) the PRM course.

Hit the video, then cancel the video and do the test. Twice. Too easy.

Could they get a more generic course than the CFIT one? For the best part of 45 minutes it goes over what is already in SOP's as they exist today.

MNPS on my Mac using Firefox appears as a postage stamp. Anything interesting in there? :cool:

Thought not.

Halas

Mister Warning
2nd Jun 2009, 13:55
You can thank me for compressing 59 slides into the presentation you just completed. I also got the ETOPS recurrent from 49 slides down to 5!
Our new lead instructor SH is an excellent guy with a great attitude - these changes to Pelesys are just the start of better ground training, including chalk and talk.
MW.

Ketek400
2nd Jun 2009, 23:04
Stop whinging...my goodness. Do you guys know what is happening to guys at Cathay and Singapore??? We are still doing pretty well compared.

cathay pay cuts and forced unpaid leave. Singapore guys flying once a month!!! Most of their pay is per hr!!!!

Go switch on your A/C and just do the pellessys and smile. You could be wishing you had pellessys to do!

halas
3rd Jun 2009, 04:13
I guess Ketek400 that whilst the CPB is enjoying his 84 hour layover in Nassau whilst on a FIFA charter at the moment, we are all slaving :) away on Pelesys with the AC turned off.

Never did see that trip appear on the pairings report.:hmm:

FIFA is sponsored by this mob to the tune of tens of millions of Euros.
Wonder who is paying for the trip?

Better go let the lawn die. Don't want to hurt the EMvironment or waste money.

halas

Saltaire
3rd Jun 2009, 06:27
Ketek,

I hear you and regarding SQ you are likely correct, and things could be worse, but don't compare us to CX. They are taking only one month unpaid leave, have a much better pay package, provident fund, real overtime, housing allowance, basing opportunities etc....just don't go there.

Panther 88
3rd Jun 2009, 06:44
You are kidding, right? That is about the CPB taking this trip. That shows exactly what type of leadership he is made of. A real person of integrity in his that position would refuse that trip and let the reserve system take hold. A small reward for some poor bloke going back and forth to the subcontinent at 0400 in the morning for the past ten days. I remember at the old airline, CPs were "encouraged" to take someone's turnaround on Christmas day as a good will effort. This trip was a small present to some pilot and of course it was snapped up by that guy. :mad: Integrity my arse. Please correct me if I am wrong, but did he not also take some of the inagurals to the US west coast?

7x7
3rd Jun 2009, 08:46
What's an 'inaugural'? Never seen one. Is it anything like a 'lurt', which I'm told we should all keep one of? ;)