PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Lay offs

TckVs
20th Apr 2009, 10:20
Is it really now up to 200 CC?
What happened to pprune's link? Is it the same as the face book 15?

Any help with the above anyone?:O

FormerFlyer
20th Apr 2009, 11:03
What PPRuNe link?

flyblue
20th Apr 2009, 13:09
It was deleted by the thread starter

FormerFlyer
20th Apr 2009, 13:17
oh that one - yeah I felt like it had served its purpose & had given me the info I needed & the thread seemed to be drifting a bit into more about whether VS had done it's consultation process properly blah blah blah

CornishFlyer
30th Apr 2009, 15:55
Letters have started falling through the doors today. A friend of mine has been told she's going and sounds like they are all going to be grounded so they'll have all completed their last flights. Such a shame. Good luck guys

Dan Air 87
2nd May 2009, 07:41
Sad sad days and I for one wish all of the crews well in the future.

FormerFlyer
16th May 2009, 10:38
so have all the letters gone out now, and everyone who should know knows now?

It's just a touch confusing, as there are people waiting to hear who have received nothing either way & are still in the dark about whether they're getting the boot or not :bored::confused:

cheers ;)
FF

BlueTui
18th May 2009, 20:49
Looks like Thomson Airways are offering these crew contracts to the cabin crew for three months this summer.

downziser
18th May 2009, 21:09
Any idea what the pay and conditions will be like?

BlueTui
18th May 2009, 21:36
Pay, not sure as all current crew for the airline are on either Thomsonfly or First Choice Airways pay scales.

Not sure which one they will adopt going fwd.

Conditions, quite good conditions compared to comparable airlines.
We have several rules that protect us and give us quite a good work/life balance - e.g. we can only work 4 days between pairs of days off, There is many more which i'm sure Thomson Airways will communicate to the effected crew members.

2CT
20th May 2009, 15:45
Hmmm

wonder if RB's finest will maintain their reputation at thomsonfly?

decree nisi anyone?

sillysausage
20th May 2009, 19:50
I just hope those considering Thomson aren't wanting the contracts to result in something more permanent. Lets face it, Thomson have made a fair few redundant themselves this year! And they have loads of temp seasonal rejoiners who have been waiting years for something more permanent!

air2bob
21st May 2009, 20:58
sillysausage,
Please point me in the direction where any virgin crew have been posting expectations of the Thomson deal!.
It is what it is and they know that it is a great option for those who didn't have a new job lined up and a great range of bases on offer for those who dont live near Gatwick.
It's breathing space for them to carry on flying doing a job they love and chance to apply for other positions with no hurry to find any old job to pay the bills.
I for one can't wait to welcome them online and will be good to have some fresh blood with experience.
You sound like you feel threatened by them!. I wish them all the best after what they have been through at virgin!

britboy28
22nd May 2009, 16:37
I for one am looking forward to working with the ex virgin lot :ok:

Welcome to the world of TUI:)