PDA

View Full Version : do existing freighter cpt's go b-scale yes or no????

sisyphos
20th Apr 2009, 06:36
do existing freighter cpt's go b-scale yes or no????

That would mean an ex-OASIS cpt with seniority 2300-something blocking a base until 65 with b-scale salary, that would be simply outrageous.

fire wall
20th Apr 2009, 07:54
Question I have asked from President of the AOA
Answer is NO

ACMS
20th Apr 2009, 07:59
Aren't most or all of the x Oasis DEC's HK based anyway? With a Seniority number of 2300+ they ain't taking any base soon, so don't worry about that one.:ok:

sisyphos
20th Apr 2009, 08:42
There are 100+ freighter cpts on a base with very low seniority numbers. If they suddenly get to fly pax now until 65, they will block bases FOREVER (many of them are in their early 30's !!!). At last count there were about 35 freighter captains based in Sidney alone!

Don't get me wrong, I don't blame those who took freighter commands at all, I just think this would be highly unfair, plus mocking the cost-saving sls argument, since in would mean a pay rise of about 20% for hundreds of freighter captains...

744drv
20th Apr 2009, 09:53
Isn't this the reason that FOs go onto a 'unified' payscale while Cns do not ... ie there remains a 'Freighter' payscale as shown in Cos08:ok:

iflyplanes
20th Apr 2009, 12:00
DEC's will remain, as where they deserve, flying frtr aircraft on frtr pay scales until they hold pax seniority.

Update form AOA tomorrow will spell it out.

SMOC
20th Apr 2009, 13:46
CX created this mess not the DECs, DE F/Os, or guys who took early commands.

treboryelk
20th Apr 2009, 13:57
the info i got recently summed it up like this (i think):

there will be no more early freighter commands! all new commands will be on B scale and in seniority order.

those who took early freighter commands will endure the job and lower pay scales until they have the seniority to bid for a pax command.

with respect to the ex oasis guys....it basically means they will get their b scale command salary in about 10 years!

slowly but surely it will lead us back to a common fleet where there is no separate freighter fleet...i think the wheel will have then gone full circle

Fly747
20th Apr 2009, 13:59
If there is not enough rubber doggy's then I'm told they will be flying pax too but as FOs until senior enough.

treboryelk
20th Apr 2009, 14:14
LHS releif commanders......some good has to come out of all this!

Lost CoS
20th Apr 2009, 14:24
Does this mean that the Hkg Pax Capts that recently switched to the Ftr. to take up a Sydney base will now be on B Scale Pax Pay. If so, Good for them. They may be the first group to out smart the system that routinely out smarts us.