PDA

View Full Version : Attention ALL Cx pilots "PLEASE READ"

The Green Machine
20th Apr 2009, 03:56
Fellow pilots,
The GMAs/companies latest contract option has just been put on IntraCX. With a nomination date of the 30th of April. I would ask all pilots to read it carefully and then call BOTH the AOA and the Company and politely ask for and extension of the nomination date to the very earliest of the 31st of MAY. Thus allowing the opportunity to fully digest the consequences of either opting for COS'08 or remaining on '99. Given that a lot of people, myself included, are not that familiar with the specific details of Cos'08 (apart from the obvious pay reduction of course), and details are normally where little gremlins lurk.
I respect that for cirtain of pilots, the choice is very straight forward. However, for certain ranks the question and answer scenario is endless. Especially for most F/Os and S/Os, 10 days is a hopelessly inadequate time frame to make an informed decision. eg what if your starting a W pattern today?

From memory, it has taken approximately 3 years to reach an agreement on a retirement age, so why is there such a sudden extreme urgency to make the nomination, given a new contract goes along with it.
Please note, I am note endorsing or rejecting COS'08, that is very much a personal choice based on an individuals circumstances, But I would like a sensible amount time to consider ALL the variables involved, giving the long term consequences of the decision.

Now as for SLS being linked to a new contract, well that one is well and truly beyond my understanding. Personally I consider them the be two completely separate issues. But maybe I am missing the big picture.
So please pick up the phone, as I feel we are ALL entitled to the courtesy of a little more time to think things over. Experiences in life have taught me that knee jerk decisions are often the wrong decisions.
Thank you for reading, and CALLING!

simplex
20th Apr 2009, 04:11
Solution: just say no.

yokebearer
20th Apr 2009, 04:24
I seem to think that the fact that extensions were offered in the past will set a precedent in the future. What is to stop us from remaining on COS 99 and then in ten or twenty years when we reach 55 making a legal case for age discrimination ???
As is happening right now with McIlroy and Demery?

The company has already proved through extensions that we don't actually have a retirement age of 55 - just a contract that ends then and can be replaced by a new one.

Bypass pay will approach 6 + million $ a month within a year or two....the need to get rid of it.

Not accepting COS08 is not accepting a reduction in your conditions - it doesn't mean you don't want to work past 55......it just means you don't want to accept reduced conditions.

If you don't sign believe me a new deal will come up soon - the company does not want to pay hundreds of people bypass - Don't sign and wait for a better deal.

slowdownnow
20th Apr 2009, 04:30
I am note endorsing or rejecting COS'08, that is very much a personal choice based on an individuals circumstances,

You have just summed it all up mate!! Everyone has their own agenda and we wonder why we are in this mess? :ugh: